Monday, March 30, 2009

dulce de leche

Good ice cream flavors of the grocery store variety are tough to come by here. It's possible chile and lime crowd the palate. Choices include vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and the occasional dulce de leche. Where's Rocky Road and Mint Chocolate Chip when I need them?

Despite these setbacks, I still need a pick-me-up. Often.

Photobucket

My friend Fashion and I went to get pedicures one morning and wandered over to a frozen yogurt nook across the way. Score. She declared she didn't believe in toppings over frozen yogurt (a defeat of purpose) as I was unabashedly loading mine with Butterfinger goodness. So can you tell which bowl was mine tonight?

Photobucket

Hint: I require a little more fanfare than Bruce.



p.s. Laura, I address this postal script to you as you are the only that has pointed out Today's Soundtrack matches the day's post. Click here for a translation of this jiggy little MC Mong song. I dig the chipmunk back-up. Is it just me, or are South Korean hip hop artists a unique breed?

East West South North no matter where there is no fool like you
Still I will only love you
Your heart that can easily melt, the hurt I felt MC Mong
Love is i-i-i-i-ice cream

Quality song writing? We'll blame it on translation.

5 comments:

Laura said...

thankyou, thank you for the lovin'! i'm diggin' the song and can't help but get up and move. south korean hip hop is unique fo sure! but they know how to get ya movin'. i just wish i could break dance with their mad moves.:)

i'm with you on the ice cream. i don't know how you live without mint chocolate chip. my fav! it's even better with hot fudge and then a scoop of cookies n' cream on top with a little bit more hot fudge. mmmmmm. you are deprived. my heart goes out to you.

Gayle said...

Mmm -- I think I'll go with your bowl! (Great pictures, by the way!)

Melissa Hodgen said...

Poetry. I went to coldstone the other day and they have a new flavor called chocolate cake batter. HEAVEN. I'll eat some extra in your honor.

Garity said...

The frozen yogurt is definately good here. I'm with Fashion, good frozen yogurt needs no toppings.

Have you read the ingredients in the 5 flavors of Mexican made ice cream? (LOL, BTW you forgot coconut and yes, I have actually seen chili & lime flavor at an ice cream stand) I'm talking the Nestle and Holanda type brands... What the heck is helado de crema vegetal sabor vainilla? What's vegetable creme? Is that super whipped vegetable oil or something? I don't think they could even get away with calling it ice CREAM in the US since there is no cream in it. Ummmm, yea, makes you happy to pay the extra for Haagen Dazs or Ben & Jerry's whenever you see it (I don't even look at the price any more but I think it's close to $10 for a pint at our grocery store) Yea, you know darn good and well I eat the Mexican stuff too but I still wonder....

erin said...

my dear friend, when you come to new york someday, i'm taking you to yogurtland. it's not ice cream, but you can adorn your snickerdoodle-flavored froyo to your exact liking. you control the amount of yogurt and what flavors, as well as the toppings. i've found it, yes, heaven on earth exists. join me, won't you??