

Somehow I ended up with 326 pictures, but not very many good ones. It may be because I was trying to drive and snap and hold M all at the same time. Tricky business. But here's the quick and dirty version of our excursion:
Upon arriving at the scene, we were surrounded by giraffes, monkeys and other wildlife.


You can imagine Bruce's horror at the monkeys hopping all over his car. See here if you need a reminder.

I have nothing to say for myself concerning the following picture, except that I didn't know what I'd taken a picture of until after the fact. It does seem grossly inappropriate with M looking on, but we were experiencing nature on a different level.

As for the following picture, I ask you, how can you not hate birds?

And por favor, who can explain to me the incomprehensible mystery behind the appeal of flamingo lawn ornaments? Truly, I want to know.

While we were able to drive through the reserve with our windows down most of the time, this was one area where we were asked to roll them up. Would that really help? I mean, if one of those really wanted to get me, would my car window be enough?


Lunch break. We were accompanied on this fun little outing by Emron and his girls (minus his flu-ridden wife, Annie), Ben (whose family is planning on moving down here as soon as visas are in hand - can't wait!), and our friends, Gera and Jose and their little girls from Argentina.

Lunch was followed by llama rides. I bet my dad would have loved this. For unfathomable reasons, the man has always wanted to own a llama.

M and her little posse.


And if you'd like one of these bad boys at the end of the day, do forget to apply sunscreen.

For more photos of this little adventure, click here.
So when are you coming to visit?
9 comments:
I am laying here on my couch with the flu but feel like I just watched National Geographic--the amazing pics and safari music:)
Oh wow -- what an amazing outing! Love the pics! I'm reminded of when my sister (Amy -- do you remember her?) did something similar and had their windows down and she got bitten by a zebra!
We love this place so much we got season passes and it has been a different experience every time we've gone. Those psycho monkeys though are crazy! I can only imagine how Bruce felt if they did anything to your car like what they did to our car. Those ostrichs though...those are the ones that freak me out because they like to stick their heads into the cars which the boys love...me, not so much.
Loving the sunburn...
Okay, so... LOVE your blog. You are a great writer! Ben said he had a great weekend with you guys... I hope he didn't get on your nerves too much! Can't wait to officially meet you!
And, by the way, nice camera work- you take great pictures.
YOur pics are amazing! My kids would be in heaven if we could do something like that. Maybe, I should tell Jarom you know all the fun places in Mexico and we should head that way!
I am absolutely loving it. I wish we could have come. The best picture...hmm... has to be a tie between the giraffes and the look I can only imagine on Bruce's face in the monkey on the car picture. Tons of fun.
so cool! i love all the wildlife pics, esp the one of the monkeys on bruce's car ha. makenna is getting so much hair! wow it's getting thick, I love it! what a neat trip!
What a fun day. That sure beats the zoo and it definately beats the farm with the train and pony rides. Hannah really thought the llama ride looked awesome. What fun adventures you guys are having!! Ouch on the sunburn!! I hope it got better quickly.
i saw the picture of the monkeys on senor bruce's car before i read your commentary, and i wondered if bruce had laid (or is it lain? bah) an egg when that happened. has he recovered? looks like some good ol' fashioned maybe-would-be-illegal-in-the-USA mexican fun. :)
Post a Comment