Tuesday, December 28, 2010

random tidbits

On Christmas Day, we had a simple meal by candlelight.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had wanted to do this Christmas Eve, but we ended up having a little shindig at our place that night instead. But next year, I think Christmas Eve will involve a simple meal of potato soup, bread and cheese by candlelight. This year, we turned off all the lights and electronics as we nibbled dinner (leftovers from the party the night before) and talked about what it must have been like to be there in that humble stable on the night of the Savior's birth. The kids loved it... another tradition in the making.

Yesterday we took EZ and M to the doctor. It looks like EZ's hubba hubba wasn't just in my head. 10-week-old stats: 24 inches, 14 pounds.

Photobucket

It's like he knows his chub is back-breaking.

Photobucket

M is only 28 pounds and will be four in just a few months. She, on the other hand, could stand to gain a few pounds. Ever la princesa.

Photobucket

Tomorrow is L's birthday. Guys, I remembered one day early and bought presents... TODAY!! Epic!

Photobucket

But then I forgot to organize the party he was actually asking for this year... so, in reality... epic FAIL.

So did you know 2010 is almost over? The year felt like 2 days long. On the other hand, it also felt like a decade of events got packed into 365 days. Weird how that happens. But really. What a year. A few of the most life-changing, heart-wrenching and meaningful for me this year:

Tyson
Love, Faith and Prayer
Families Are Forever and So Are Friends
Just Call Me Elder
Friends
Released
Fellow Chilangas, This One's For You
Race Report
Little Burrito
Accountable

Life is amazing. And every single day, I am just grateful for... life.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

We do bread and milk for Christmas eve. I love it!

Lim Family - Hawaii said...

When the kids were little we'd spread a blanket on the floor, have finger foods for dinner and read Christmas stories... those were the good old days. Our kids are adults and we did a "Star Wars" Christmas. i guess we never really grow up.

Laura said...

i love that little chubby guy. seriously, i don't know how you control yourself from taking a million pictures of his cuteness! 14 pounds!? impressive. hyrum was only 15 pounds at 7 months.
i feel you 100% on the birthdays. each one got worse this year. why are they so difficult?

erin said...

Mercy, noelle. Indie almost weighs as much as m. But ez, there we go. 14lbs at 10 weeks... Now there's something I can relate to. When can I squish him??? August? Ugh. Too long.