But I'd forgotten how much I love Stacy's drama-filled stories, how Dana's laugh is so contagious, and Melissa (former cheerleader) has a way of pumping energy and pizazz back into our lifeless bodies ("C'mon, guys! Let's go!"). Not much has changed in 15 years.
And if I look like death warmed over in these pictures, it's because I was teetering on the brink of exhaustion and halfway to a coma. We stayed up way too late and got up way too early to fit in an agenda of sight-seeing at Xochimilco, the Teotihuacan Pyramids, the Anthropology Museum, visits to the pewter store, the VIP theater, Taxco (the silver mine city), and a lot of eating - from quesadilla stands to Thai restaurants and Argentinian ice cream inbetween.
But I love these girls. And it made my heart so, so, SO happy to see them again. Giggling and hilarity ensue when they are around. Because no matter how old we get, there were still be a part of us that is always, always 16.
[I am sure they will be giving more detailed accounts of our adventures - I've become desensitized to the Mexico City madness - so check out Melissa, Dana and Stacy at their respective blogs for more.]




























9 comments:
Good friends like this are gems. True friendship is just a really great thing.
And excuse me Miss N, but you look beautiful.
The Signal Mountain girls thrown in with some Dalton chicks were sooo cool. Not to mention all the Brainerd* boys wanting to date them. The Chatt Valley girls couldn't figure why the southern accents just weren't cutting it!?
Y'all really haven't changed a bit. Still beautiful and in great shape. Not fair!
Funny memory...it was one of my first youth activities at the old Brainerd building. Everyone was changing clothes to go to the dance and I ended up in y'all's room to change (one of the primary rooms). You all were so much "older" than me. I was pretty sure I was the coolest 13 year old to be in that room. Anyway, it had recently been your birthday and they got you the WEEZER cd. Major celebration and immediate tunes turned on to Buddy Holly. First time I'd heard them. I was hooked. Y'all officially became the coolest people I know. ;)
Jarom and I still jam to that classic disc.
Phew--I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hasn't grown out of high school ways completely! You figure it makes life much more fun! Well, at least more interesting:). Glad you're getting fun visitors!
What a fun trip! How fun that ya'll still keep in touch too.
After talking to Dana I want to come visit you. I want to go to that silver place!!!!
Love you guys!
this looks sooooo fun. good for you guys getting together and keeping in touch. i remember Dana and Melissa from college...they look great. i may be the worst person on earth at keeping in touch. it's sad really. maybe someday in some world we'll get to catch up again Noe:( glad you're back to blogging...i see you're making up for all the time lost. and by the way, you look totally beautiful in these pics...everyone has gotten more beautiful with age don't you think. i like to think so...i look at old pics of myself and think..."man that could have never been cool."
later gator
awww it's so cute to see you guys together again! I so wish you had a picture to post of all you guys together as 16 year olds. I remember some GOOD ones. Ugh, I forgot how skinny melissa is. Melissa, I don't plan to stand next to you until I lose this baby weight - see you in a year!
Love this post!!! I was laughing again so hard with tears and all the post and the comments confirms are week of fun!!! I'm stealing some pics! I did find some pics from back in the days!! I will scan them and in order to get approval. Love and miss you tons Noey!!
I look at those pics and think, was I really there only a few days ago? It almost makes me sad to see them. It's all such a blure of culture, friends, food...everything. I had to go mix up one of my tang packets of horchata and buy 5 more yellow Mexican mangos to give me a sense of the comfort of being in Mexico.
I love how you have gift to see the good in people.
Um, I'm coveting your shirt in the last few pics. When you get ready to toss it, toss it my way please.
Thank you for a FABULOUS time and eat a quesadilla for me tonight. Oh and some of those Thai chicken kabobs. And dulce de leche from Alto Tango (which doesn't that mean stop tango?). And mayo corn, and, oh I could go on forever, but I'll spare you.
Post a Comment