
I was up to the wee hours of the morning the other night (3 a.m.) watching the 2009 BBC version of Emma on YouTube in 10-minute links. I liked it. It was Jane Austen-fabulous (though I think I will always be partial to the Gwyneth Paltrow version).
Johnny Lee Miller was appropriately swoon-worthy as Mr. Knightly (mostly) and Romola Garai captured the essence of Ms. Austen's claim to a "heroine whom no one but myself will much like." I love this world and I never want to leave once I've made my way in... all the picnics, dances and turns about the garden in empire-waisted frocks. I am secretly hoping that when I die, heaven is a bit like a Jane Austen novel.
1 comment:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
love it.
andy laughs that we love these time-period pieces. especially when i get so ralled up about stifled women and rights : ) i don't know what it is... sucks me right in. i love the femininity. i guess i want the femininity PLUS feminine strength and rights.
like the movie The Duchess?? oh grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. that storyline inFURIATED me. did you see it??? oh i was boiling.
Post a Comment