So why have I never heard of this place until now?
Shelf Reliance
All it takes is a few key strokes and 30 seconds to find out what a family of five would need for a year. Menus included. Genius. And so pretty! Did you see those food storage cans?? I want. I'm interested. Sign me up.
And something else Audrey sent in an email yesterday to remind me that motherhood provides incomprehensible joy to my soul:
Very Deserving Mother
Is this you telling me, Aud, that you finally feel inspired to take the plunge on baby #2? Absolute ecstasy at the thought.
Lastly, this is for my biggest blog fan (my mother) who checks my blog ten times a day:
They are waiting for you, Lola.
5 comments:
I am just know getting into food storage, so don't feel too guilty! I am going to check out that site.
Cute pics and new banner.
First of all, I love the new banner! You are too talented.
And thanks for sharing that article on being a mother. Some feelings very near and dear to my heart and wow -- so incredibly, beautifully written.
In response to:
"Is this you telling me, Aud, that you finally feel inspired to take the plunge on baby #2? Absolute ecstasy at the thought."
Uh, NO. Big fat no, written in thick font that curls its stubborn roots deep into black mud.
Even thinking about thinking about having baby #2 while living in the city makes me want to fly to Mexico and steal your maid, luring her with fabulous bribes (Elisa, you can put as many sticks of butter in our spaghetti as you so desire! Just come with me...)
Instead, I just want to sit here, inspired by OTHER mothers being motherly : )
(I think you secretly just want me to give you the "go-ahead"... and I know you know what I'm talking about.)
Besides, Belén is teething again. And you know how I get when we're teething.
ps. Yay for food storage : )
Don't get me started on full out food storage. I am just trying to get my 72 hour kits done. Try finding emergency supplies in this country...doesn't happen! Good luck! Love the new blog header by the way!
And it's not like one of those things where people can help you with it, you have to do it on your own for the most part. If you need ideas or are curious how we do ours feel free to ask...I'm a huge supporter of an active rotating food storage. I hate not having a cannery close by but having one of those Food Savers comes close.
Shelf Reliance is a great site especially with their calculator...I could have really used that years ago! From the time we got married we've always been right on top of it but I will tell you it helps to have lived through several emergencies when we've had to depend on it. (trucker strikes, blizzards, hurricanes, and tornados really make you realize you need it BEFORE you need it!)
As for the 72 hour kits....you had better let me know if you need to order anything from the US! Maybe we should do that as a small group if Amanda is interested as well? Kris and I have some great sites we use...great prices too! Just having those bags (even if you just put basics in to start with) near the door is a huge relief.
Post a Comment