We partied Christmas Eve at my friend Fashion's place. And somehow both she and her baby bump eluded my camera lens all night. On purpose, I am sure. I also brought over my electric piano for a little caroling. In all my years of playing the accompanist in such settings, I've discovered three types.
Set numero uno will not go near the piano and seek to slink into a dark corner of obscurity for fear of being called out for a solo. Set numero dos will eventually slip into a choral duet when cajoled. And set numero tres has no fear of ridicule and incredible stamina. These are the marathon carolers. They can sing for hours (maybe days) and occasionally this is the set that must literally be pulled from the piano as they white-knuckle grip the bench. For this reason, I used to hate my mother for making me the designated accompanist during family/friend gatherings. What teenage girl wants to go through life with a sore bum, achy fingers and three rounds of "Jingle Bell Rock". But now I welcome the role with fondness and a smile. One more round of "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree"? Why not. Sing away, friends. Sing away.



Christmas Day was so relaxing and chill, I'm thinking now I may have slept-walked through it. The boys were in a battery-powered tizzy and M was channeling Medusa after day-before pigtails. We were especially thrilled that Pete was here (excluding the chia pet attached to his face when he arrived.) But we have all learned a very important lesson this Christmas when it comes to L and durability.








My favorite Christmas present was getting Pete to shave off his America's Most Wanted facial smack. It only took one quesadilla. Total bargain and I could finally look at him again without retching.



Up next: Guanajuato trip.
4 comments:
oh you got him to shave! good job.
and i am glad the FHE board made it through all its traveling! yay!
at least luke broke 3 items, that should do it :)
the little business cards turned out so cute, i'll have to post C's and L's too.
miss you guys! maybe one of these years we'll all get together again!
Andrew got a RC helicopter this summer. Fortunately I paid for the "insurance." Because we used it several times. And eventually traded it in for a RC car. The heli was too hard to control.
boys and toys. i wonder sometimes why i purchase some items. however, to see their faces on Christmas morning truly is priceless and will go through it again each year.
yes, i definitely need a sister like that...tell her i'm waiting for mine!
i'm feelin' ya on the facial hair. ugh!
glad to see you had a nice Christmas.
Yes, the world is now a better place thanks to your facial hair for quesadilla exhange.
Um, L's not invited to my house. I don't have enough insurence.
Post a Comment