Wednesday, January 27, 2010

her happiness

It is strongly associated with her ability to dance, prance and revel half-naked in the sunshine. Key word(s): half-naked. (seriously, is that one or two words?) When a cold front swept its way through Mexico recently, I thought I had lost M to the dark side forever. The wrath of an unhappy M is lethal and it frightens us all. (This may be the strongest argument for never moving to Canada, Alaska or The Netherlands.)

But hallelujiah. The sun came back.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank goodness, because I couldn't take another second of her stormy, dark side.

But then L came home from school this day and tried to steal her dancing/prancing/attention-seeking thunder. Screaming and fighting ensued. They made up a little later, but only because I told them nice kids get to watch movies and eat ice cream. Bribery schmibery. I don't care what they say.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I do what I have to do to stay sane, yo.

9 comments:

M said...

She's really good at her sun salutations. We all need that dancin' time under the sun...if we could just let our inhibitions go. Doesn't it sound fun?

As far as bribery. It's a great parenting tool.

Christi said...

I love those first couple of pictures of her!!! That first one especially. She is getting so big. You should move to Vegas, she would be in heaven!!!

audrey said...

and her perfect little legs!!! oh i love it.

you can see pure joy on that sunkissed face.

and the makeup hugs? irreplaceable. how come i don't remember ice cream for being a nice sibling, mom?

Pitcherpost said...

OH my goodness, I need to meet this sassy girl of yours. Her shirt says it all!

Christine said...

amen to doing whatever it takes to survive!

Gayle said...

Just what I needed on this snowy day here. Love that she loves the sunshine (and dancing/prancing half-naked!).

Kauti Nicholls said...

hey, in 8 months time, that wil be Lorelei and M dancing around together :)

pete on said...

bring on the sun.... so cute... tell them i say hi! and i luv them

Melissa Oman said...

She is so big. I hope you figure out your video. I think L is an awesome dancer, so if she is anything like him it is so cute to see.
I am with you on the bribery. It goes a long way in our house.