Friday, August 21, 2009

welcome, welcome

This post is for my dear friend and old roomie from college, Shauna. As she has asked for new apartment pics for a while now and I'm hoping this is what brings her out of blog hiding. (Seriously, Shaun, where are you??) And also for my sister, Audrey, who is truly the most incessant person I know.

Pics of our home. And er... D, I may or may not have used a couple of your Morocco pics on my wall. Nate made me do it. He said they went best against the orange wall. But just so you know, when people comment on the loveliness of your photos, I always give credit where credit is due, little sis.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This room is for when I someday get a dining room table. Someday.

Photobucket

A whole wall of glass. It is a bit risque with three very active kids, but we like to live dangerously.

Photobucket

B was busy playing with his Star Wars lego in here and posed pretty for the camera whilst I snapped a shot.

Photobucket

L fell asleep on my bed while I was taking pictures.

Photobucket

The boys' room. No rhyme or reason.

Photobucket

The family room. Take note of Bruce's rainstick on the top center of the bookshelf.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Terrace. Also note the giant wall that holds us prisoner here.

Photobucket

One orange wall and one yellow one. I still don't know how I feel about it. They don't contrast each other, so it makes me a little... meh. But there's one thing I know for sure, and that is I am too lazy to change it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Your home is a reflection of you. So if that is the case, I am simple and earthy and not at all whimsical. That doesn't sound fun, does it? I'll work on it, Mom. I will.

p.s. Jase, why are my pics getting cut off on the right? Can you fix this for me?

7 comments:

M said...

Lovely, neat, uncluttered, contemporary, and very spacious! I love it! Wood floor and large windows! You did great, babe.

Melissa Hodgen said...

Love the new place but still want to know why you moved!!!!! I shall fall off of blogging earth if you don't answer my question. AND you forgot the most important room...the kitchen!

Garity said...

WOW! Holy uncluttered heaven! Kris would absolutely love to live in this sort of decor, but he married me and has to live with mine. He's so happy we have to keep the walls white in our apartment but I LOVE your choice of wall colors especially the orange curved hallway.

Kauti Nicholls said...

beautiful beautiful...very tidy and neat too (bruce???) i love the cars all lined up in the boys' room :) i hope those rockband drums are getting some use too :) maybe we'll have to have a rockband marathon when you come--i haven't played since xmas! i like the orange and yellow walls, nice color. my house is way more neutral....beiges...not too fun :( maybe your mom should pay me a visit!

Kathryn said...

Didn't realize you'd moved and was confused by the curved walls. Are you just in a different apartment or did you move buildings/neighborhoods?

Chasing Izzy said...

Please tell me your house is not always this clean or I might just throw away all of my children's toys right now.

audrey said...

i don't think i want that adjective stuck to me. incessant. it leaves you with a negative aftertaste.

but your place on the other hand--can't wait to visit!!!!!!! it's so you. so, so you.

p.s. melissa's right--where's the kitchen? and where's elisa's room?