Friday, August 28, 2009

shades of vitality

Photobucket

When he is angry: "Mom, I don't like you. My heart is black."

When he is relatively content: "Mom, I feel good. My heart is red."

When he is incandescently thrilled about life: "Oh, Mom! I'm so happy! My heart is rainbow-colored!"

When he is hungry: "Mom, my tummy is grey and grummy, grummy like this [done with hand motions as seen above]. It tells me I need some oatmeal and some grapes and some chocolate cookies."

5 comments:

Pitcherpost said...

I can measure how long I've been away from blog checking by how many serendipity posts I've missed! You are one of the most reliable blog rolls on my google reader!

i loved your dad post. he was good at saving your lives. YOU guys were also really good at getting into not breathing situations. I just told Zach we need to brush up on our heimlich skills asap! Didn't he actually give some guy an emergency trach once, like at a race or something? I swear I've heard a story like that....

Pitcherpost said...

And I had to do another comment just dedicated to those dresses! Esp. danielle's. the one you're wearing actually looks familiar, it might have debuted at the signal mountain branch on one of the younger sisters!

M said...

The boy is certainly related to me because he explains ideas in colors. I'm missing so much of their daily lives! Very soon, Noelle, we're coming. By the way, Papa loves to read your blog.

Shauna said...

Noe, i can barely STAND that i've missed so many posts. we had no internet access on vacation which (as you can imagine) about sent me into seizures on multiple occasions (sad)! anyway, i just loved reading all your new posts. sitting down at my computer this afternoon (after a LONG drive) and catching up on your life was so therapeutic, like snuggling in with a warm blanket and a good book.
PS. the apartment!?!? can i come live in Mexico!!! it's lovely, and by the way... i think your much more whimsical than you give yourself credit .i mean yellow and orange walls, i'm just sayin'!
love ya

erin said...

he reminds me of a little japanese animation character... you know, the kind who get big beads of sweat on their heads when they panic.