
I was exhausted tonight. I went to lie down on the floor in the boys' room for a moment, staring at the smooth, white ceiling. Then I closed my eyes.
I could hear the people below us watching television and the woman above us walking across the floor in her stilettos. I could hear cars passing on the busy road outside our apartment building. A horn blared and a police siren was audible in the distance. I could hear my children in the next room with Bruce getting dressed for bed. B was teasing M. M was laughing and calling for her daddy. L was preoccupied with Triceratop noises. And Bruce was prodding them to get their pajamas on already.
The awareness of my mind's eye focused on each sound and its rhythm again and again. Television... stilettos... cars... horn... siren... B... M... L... Bruce... television... stilettos... cars... horn... siren... B... M... L... Bruce... B... M... L... Bruce... B... M... L... Bruce...
Thoughts came and gently drifted away as my mind and body sank into a quiet stupor. Life was muffled by a stillness that enveloped me in that moment. The music of daily living continued on in other places while I stopped to listen from a private, unseen sanctuary. A detached observer.
Then other senses kicked in. The colors of my mind's eye brightened in joyous response, conquering the beige monotony of the day. The world smelled cleaner. And the previously unnoticed ball of tension at my heart's center gently began to dissipate and seep its way across my shoulders, arms, torso, hip bones, legs and out through the fingertips and toes. Muscles falling away from the bone and melting into the floor.
A sense of relaxation trickled down from the top of my head, across my forehead, allowing the space between my eyebrows to become smooth and even. My breath moved in through my nose and out, deep yet unforced, as my belly slowly rose and fell like the ocean tide with every inhale and exhale. And the muscles of my face began to relax as a soft smile crept across my lips in quiet gratitude for all that I have.
Peace and clarity. So divine.
Today's track: Little Wonders - Rob Thomas
4 comments:
Yes!! I like that kind of blogging. Journaling at its best. Some days, I can't wait to run into my room and lie on the floor or sit on a chair and stare at blank walls. Good thoughts happen.
love this post, love your beautiful way of capturing it all, love you. hope all is well in ME--HEEE--COOOO.
You've always had a talent at painting a picture with your words. I fee like I was in the cool down phase of your body flow class...melting into the floor; never wanting to get up.
i love you.
i needed this bodyflow... grazi.
Post a Comment