Wednesday, May 27, 2009

have you read it?

Photobucket

I hadn't read it before until this past weekend when my friend Fashion lent it to me. We have the same literary taste, and she knew it would be right up my alley.

I love it when authors create worlds that suck me in and make me wish I lived there. I also love perfectly plausible characters that magnify silly nuances of humanity. Like when the main character references eating dinner at a restaurant with an astonishing amount of ugly people. A valid observation.

Or when she is determined not to imagine what could happen as then it surely wouldn't come about. Who hasn't had that thought cross his or her mind?

Or her description of the houseboy in love with her - noble and handsome features that are unfortunately offset by a slightly daft countenance. I've known people like this.

Like I said. Right up my alley. I kinda loved it. I kinda chafed inwardly when I wasn't reading it. I kinda moped when it was all over. And I kinda wished there was a sequel...



Today's track: Brighter Discontent - The Submarines

1 comment:

audrey said...

never read it. adding it to my list : )

call me back already!!! i'm sick of this phone tag.