Monday, October 12, 2009

baby

It took me approximately one hour and forty-five minutes to get home from the doctor's office today. A total of six miles. The math makes my blood boil. Yet is no longer surprising. Patience is a virtue tried, tested and cultivated often while living in Mexico City.

I came home to find M in full lounge mode, on the verge of sleep coma while watching Tinkerbell with Baby, her latest bestie. The giraffe has been relegated back to the toy shelf.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sometimes I like to get this close and stare at her.

Photobucket

When I asked her if I could trade places with Baby, she said, "No, gracias."

Photobucket

Fine.

9 comments:

Christi said...

I love that she said No gracias! Don't you love snuggling!

rachel thurston said...

that first shot of her on the couch is gallery quality. I kind of want her to stay the same age forever.

Gayle said...

Sweet girl -- gotta love little girls and their babies!

Melissa Hodgen said...

The whole baby title and the fact that you were at the doc's office makes me wonder....

noelle said...

well, wonder no further, melissa. por favor.

Garity said...

It ONLY took you an hour and 45 minutes?! Isn't that good for EL D.F.? I believe we were in the middle of the cause of it...huge protest spanning several blocks had everything shut down or slow even as we passed your street! Kris and I were practically bald when we got home.

Love M's new bestie. Great pictures, this is why I send everyone over to see your blog.

brent said...

wow, she is so beautiful noe...just like her mama:)

erin said...

that tinkerbell is like crack for 2 year old girls. love the engrossed stare... and the no gracias.

Kauti Nicholls said...

L is sitting next me and i am showing her M's pics. She can say "kenna" and it sounds too cute. i hope they can play soon.