Wednesday, April 29, 2009

two seconds

Our good friend, Art Rascon, is the 5 o'clock news anchor for ABC 13 in Houston. He flew down here to Mexico City for the piggy flu madness and called us up for a quick video interview that can be viewed here. I'm embarrassing and want to punch myself for rolling my eyes. But we heart Art in his "out on assignment" Indiana Jones gear. Would you believe he's a father of six (half of them grown) children and soon-to-be a grandpa? I know! We miss this family.

But Art! I had so much more to say. You should have asked me things like whether or not I feel surprised that something like this would (of course) happen in Mexico. Or what I really think about the genius preventative measures happening here. Or how much I love the wonderful habits of hygiene instilled among the young, which carry on into adulthood and are impossible to break.

Photobucket

Next time.

p.s. Um. Please ignore the grandma pillows. I've been meaning to replace them for months now... they came with the couch... can't find cute, affordable pillows here... no Pier 1... I don't sew... yada yada. Sigh. Sometimes I really miss the U.S.


p.p.s. While I have one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite dance movies of all time playing to the right, let's just keep going and add my favorite scene from this movie right here:



Tell me you don't just wanna bust a move and try your own version of the little shimmy punch, flip kick and twist. Go on. Break out. DANCE!

15 comments:

M said...

Nice interview! Typical Bruce talking on the cell. By the way, P broke out into one of his dances while watching the video, complete with lowered sexy side looks.

audrey said...

: ) i liked the interview--mainly bc it's so fun to see familiar faces in tv that is normally personally removed from you, you know? and art! oh, even i miss the Rascons!!

those grandma pillows are actually quite comfortable : ) i should know. (not that i was curled up there, stuck reading forever or anything.)

and yes, step up. i love that cheesy, contagious movie. it makes me happy. you tend to associate a movie with the mood and/or company you were first in when you watched it, you know? and i watched it with tracy : ) so...

Unknown said...

You're such a natural Noelle! They should have done the whole segment with just you and your fam, it would have been less depressing :)

Laura said...

holy moly, we must be kindred spirits!!! i just watched that video on youtube two days ago just for the fun! i love corny dance movies. you know i started breakin it down. love the soundtrack. i'm guessing you saw step up 2?
i heart your playlist.

Laura said...

i got distracted by the dance video. can have your autograph. awesome interview ;0)! and where the heck was his surgical mask!?

Christi said...

That was fun to see you in that interview. I am glad that you guys are doing well! Stay healthy.
What is it about teeny bopper dance movies?? They are the best.

Sherwoods said...

LOVE the interview! I am going to steal it and totally put it on my blog so that all my friends and family can see this amazing family that we know! Hope that is okay sista!

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Wow I know a famous person! Ok, like 5 actually - well maybe just 4 cause I noticed McKenna was missing from the segment. =) But lets be real if there is a future diva in your family it is her! Hey, and we call is Piggy Flu too!

Garity said...

Ok, that is so cool, where was M?

So, pillows from Pier 1 eh? Maybe when I get back I'll have to order something and you can help me fatten that order up a bit...

erin said...

i may have watched the video three times just so i could see you all. hi! noelle!! i'm waving!!!

Dana said...

First let me say if your interview leads to world famous recognition please remember us "little" people. And number 2 I totally watched the video picturing me and Brad kick'n it in a dance club......oh wait neither of us can dance!!! Dang =( One can dream....

Jaymie Quigley said...

Noelle, that is too cool! I don't know if you know this but I grew up in Cairo, Egypt. I really wish every American could live overseas for a year or so. It changes so many things. It is so cool that you get to have that experience. I hope someday I can get my kids out of the country for a while. Your video was great. Way to handle the pressure. It has been great to catch up. I will keep you on my "blog list."

Jaymie

Sidney said...

We'll i wasn't able to see the interview. But you look cute anyways! So are you wearing the masks down there? And I can't believe you are already potty training! I'm struggling w/ Allegra.

P.S. I love that movie too!

Stacy Fusitua' said...

FAMOUS ON'S Love it!!! Way to make light of the pandemic and spice it up with a dance video! Love ya Stacy

Angie said...

Look at you- all on the news and stuff!
Oh- and one thing that I learned in the 48 hours I spent in Mexico City this week was that Sears has a Pier 1 inside! Yay!