Monday, April 6, 2009

inspiration

I'm in a funk. A spiritual funk. Probably because I'm busy perusing apartmenttherapy.com when I should really be reading my scriptures or this month's Ensign. I've been looking for inspiration in all the wrong places:

Photobucket
*Pics as seen on www.apartmenttherapy.com.


But did you guys know it was already April? Christmas was four months ago. Unfortunately for me I just noticed. There was so much I was wanting to do...



Who didn't love this last September? Find the full talk here. Sadly, I did not get as much out of General Conference this past weekend as I should have. I realized it was because I didn't prepare myself as much as I should have. My spiritual reservoir has been a bit shallow lately. Shame on me. I missed out. And now I'm left with the task to go back and review. The right kind of inspiration this time. The kind that leaves you full and satisfied.

9 comments:

Angie said...

Usually I skip Saturday conference and tune in on Sunday just in time for a good long nap. Sad, I know. But on a good note, last weekend I actually watched all four sessions- and only fell asleep once for about 20 minutes!
I hear you, though, about the spiritual ups and downs. Why is it that it almost takes a tragedy for us to get back down on our knees?

audrey said...

i LOVED this talk. of course. and maybe we're a little biased too, bc it's President Uchtdorf. he's ours ; )

as for apartment therapy. i almost wish the walls of my place hadn't been painted already, so that i had an excuse to pick my own crazy colors. i need oomph in color form. and i want a GOOD COUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sigh. you're right, though apartment therapy IS it's own form of inspiring, it actually leads to increased spending, more vocal whining, and less gratitude : ) hm.

well. i love you : )

melanie said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have several ensigns that are still in the plastic wrapper, pathetic.

brent said...

i am SO with you. after a near breakdown and blessing last evening i realized that I just need to get it together. i woke up early this morning with the resolve to be better. i organized the junk in my house, scheduled time for exercise and scripture reading, and played with the kids. for me, it's been the funk of "i want, i want i want." i prayed for weeks to get answers at conference that i'd been looking for (whether we should be trying to sell our house or not) and it came in the first 5 minutes of conference. in Elder Hales talk...about saving money, preparing, and provident living (food storage etc.) i cried for most of the next two hours (imagining another year stuck in this small house) and subsequently the next two days...i haven't been preparing in the right ways either. i need to start focusing more on what i have instead of what i want (which I know will eventually come, after everything else is in order) whoa, that sounded all preachy and what not...probably should have clicked on that nifty difty button you got ever there and sent you an email. oh well, no shame. love ya.
PS. here's to not spending as much time on the computer, and watching our smut shows:(

Kauti Nicholls said...

don't feel too badly--you weren't the only one who got almost nothing out of conference. I spent most of the weekend trying to entertain the kids whilst watching--I'm a good multi-tasker, but not THAT good!!! It's hard for me to listen and feel the spirit when the kids are whining and I am getting irritated...not exactly inviting for the spirit!!!

M said...

Hey, it's a new day! Just throw something turquoise in your decorating scheme to celebrate spring...a pillow or a throw or a fruit platter. Then read Elder Bednar's and Elder Snow's conference talks. Love you!

audrey said...

mom, was that you leaving a comment?? : ) wow. it sounds like you... but i can't imagine you figuring out how or bothering to post : ) haaa.

Laura said...

i can't say anything better than what everyone else has said. reading those made me feel better.
for two cents anyway, i can completely relate. it's so hard to create a balance. all those "things" aren't bad as long as it's not "first" on the list. but being a mom and being home all day it's kind of easy to look at our home and want to decorate. it's a whole other stage in life. it's not what you wear anymore. it's how your home looks. i just can't keep up!
everyone has their ups and downs but i love coming to your blog because you always inspire me. so if you're not feeling inspired know that at least you are inspiring.

ps. love the orange room. :)

erin said...

i really needed to hear that talk again... gracias hermana.