Our home officially went on the market today. I get sad everytime I catch a glimpse of that "FOR SALE" sign in our front yard. We'll miss this time in our lives. Or, well, I won't miss this particular time per se... all the cleaning and organizing and throwing away of stuff. I think I've developed a small rash on my back from all the stress and an infection in my eyes from all the dust and whatever other deadly particles that filled the air in the unsettling of all our things. All I could think was, "Why don't I live uncluttered like this normally?" Again, it's all just things.
But let's be honest, people. My mom did most of the work. And she wrote a LOT of lists. Lists for me, lists for Bruce, lists for our housecleaner, Hilda, and even a list for our neighbor, Ron. That woman and her lists. I was getting major flashbacks to my adolescent years. Want... to.... rebel.... just kidding. Sort of. I love you, Mom! Thank you, thank you! Here are pics of our house, in case you know anyone who wants to move to Houston (*cough, cough* Kristen *cough*). The Woodlands is the only place to be...
Duke’s Birth Story
9 years ago


10 comments:
The pictures turned out great. Your house is beautiful! And if we were in the market I'd be sorely tempted.
What a great house! I only wish that they had houses like that here in Vegas. I am so envious of your yard. I am sure that you will have no problem selling it.
P.S. I love your mom!
hmm. speaking of lists... i know a certain girl who makes ROUGH DRAFTS of her grocery lists...
and by the way, it is riDICulous that a boston APARTMENT for LESS than HALF of your sq footage can get away with asking for MORE than TWICE the price of a HOME in houston... i mean wow. those stats can't even be in the same sentence, the same BREATH, let alone ballpark. or however those sayings go.
and as for mom... mom sweet mom : )
your house looks amazing!!! Maybe I need to "move" too just to pretend clean out and THROW AWAY a bunch of stuff.
So sad...but I'm sure you will have a great "adventure" in Mexico. The house looks great and trust me I can so relate to the lists. I have them floating all over the house and in my purse. Seth can't stand them. At least I don't use a ruler and marker to cross off the things done on them like my mom.
You're house looks like it has been "staged" for sale...pristine. It's so sad to think I'll never walk through your door in Houston again! I agree with you somewhat on how we need to decrease clutter, but I think you need some personal touches (ie photos!). If you're house looks too perfect people start wonder...what's she hiding or is she OCD?
Tell your mom she's needed in TN...she'd have a field day at our house.
Its going to sell fast i'm sure of it! I have a friend moving to Houston in May but she said her husband is working on the southwest part of the city. Plus she is having baby number 6 before they move! Yeah....i know.
Your mom is so cute!!! I finally started posting my blog!!! I hopped on the band wagon. I'm always checking out everybodys so I could avoid it any longer. It makes me miss everyone seeing all the pics of their families! We got to plan a get together soon! I read your blog and you are really moving the MEXICO!! WOW! Keep me posted. We don't have any excuses anymore not too keep in touch. please send my love to the rest of your family. LOVE LOVE
Aaaahhh Noel! We will miss you guys! I'm still looking for my Spanish CD's, but you can swing by and borrow the books any time you want!
I'm not surprised your house is beautiful. I missed why, when, where you're moving?
Post a Comment