Okay, indulge me for a moment... I got an email today saying I had passed my BodySTEP certification. So exciting! Well, to me, anyway, as it signifies all the work that went behind that grade. For all the Les Mills programs, you go through a two- or three-day training weekend, which is incredibly intense and life-changing. If you pass the training module, you are then required to send in a video of yourself teaching the class for an assessment. You may receive a "resubmit", "pass withheld", or "pass" grade. Then there's "pass with Distinction," alloted to a very few. Here's the email I got:
"Dear Noelle,
Kia Ora.
Congratulations on passing your Certification Assessment Video with Distinction and becoming a Les Mills Certified BODYSTEP Instructor! Please know that the grade of Distinction is given only to those instructors who demonstrate teaching skills at the highest level. You are certainly in an elite group!"
With DISTINCTION! Wow! And then in my actual assessment, the assessor wrote this:
"Noelle, awesome - awesome - AWESOME!!!
You have presented a first-rate class here! Choreography - near-perfect, Technique - expert, Coaching - outstanding, Connections - high level, Fitness Magic - definitely present! Your delivery was confident, friendly, relaxed and fun - like you were born to teach BODYSTEP [insert smiley face here]!
Keep on doing exactly what you've demonstrated here, Noelle... don't change a thing!"
I grinned like an idiot for nearly 20 minutes straight when I read this. Speechless. So amazing! I wish I could accurately convey what a big deal this is! Most people never get this kind of assessment back. Usually there's a list of key elements requiring attention or items of improvement. The assessor gave me nothing! Wow, still grinning just thinking about it.
My BodySTEP trainers.
"Dear Noelle,
Kia Ora.
Congratulations on passing your Certification Assessment Video with Distinction and becoming a Les Mills Certified BODYSTEP Instructor! Please know that the grade of Distinction is given only to those instructors who demonstrate teaching skills at the highest level. You are certainly in an elite group!"
With DISTINCTION! Wow! And then in my actual assessment, the assessor wrote this:
"Noelle, awesome - awesome - AWESOME!!!
You have presented a first-rate class here! Choreography - near-perfect, Technique - expert, Coaching - outstanding, Connections - high level, Fitness Magic - definitely present! Your delivery was confident, friendly, relaxed and fun - like you were born to teach BODYSTEP [insert smiley face here]!
Keep on doing exactly what you've demonstrated here, Noelle... don't change a thing!"
I grinned like an idiot for nearly 20 minutes straight when I read this. Speechless. So amazing! I wish I could accurately convey what a big deal this is! Most people never get this kind of assessment back. Usually there's a list of key elements requiring attention or items of improvement. The assessor gave me nothing! Wow, still grinning just thinking about it.
My BodySTEP trainers.
Fellow trainees, Chris and Erica. Good times.
Two of my favorite gals and teaching partners, Bonnie and Andrea.
My trainer, Megan, rocked the casbah.
Check out this Les Mills Promotional Video. I also teach BodyPUMP, BodyCOMBAT, and BodyFLOW. Best group fitness programs out there in the world. Truly.
Don't forget to pause my playlist.
8 comments:
Fitness Magic-that is excatly what I think of you and your awesome teaching! Congrats on passing with such beautiful things being said. I really do look forward to every M,W to pump. I love how you sing along to certain parts of the song-you can't leave us!
Congratulations! I guess not being quite as familiar with the whole "fitness scene" makes me less qualified to judge, but from what I saw of your teaching I thought you were a fabulous instructor. So I'm not surprised that other people find you amazing too.
Noelle, i'm so excited for you. i know how truly amazing you must be at teaching...i would love to see you in action...then again that would likely require me having working out...scary thought trust me; i have the coordination of a large elephant!! hey, now that i think about it, maybe you can send me some tips for getting this ugly post-preggo body back into bikini condition (who am i kidding...like it ever was!!) anyway, congratulations on your hard work, do you have any footage of "rock-hard" Noelle teaching combat...that's what i'm personally interested in:)! love you.
so, you could've sent in the home video of you "instructing" dani and me with our ballet and with our paula-abdul-mariah-carey-and-madonna dances, all choreographed by you. back in the day...
you were SO BORN to sing, to choreograph, and to boss people around--i mean, teach... : ) and you were born to do it all together : ) of COURSE you got an A++++... you're YOU.
Everything you touch turns to gold! Congrats, I always knew you were going to take over the world someday. I did have lots of fun when I attended your classes (the only two times I've worked out in years). I can't wait to see your own line of Body by Noelle!
Fabulous! And you were worried!? You are nuts! I don't know how you remember all those different routines. Your combat the other day was awesome, and I really *appreciate*getting my name called out in a gym full of 50 people! What was that preview with the ball and bands? It looks like something I would like!
Girl you never cease to amaze me....now Les Mills knows what your family and friends have known for years!! Love ya Stacy
Now, I want to see a video of you Noelle! You're awsome. You make me look like a whimp (which I am).
If we ever live close enough you'll have to whip me into shape.
Post a Comment