Friday, April 8, 2011

new poo

I think with the others I had a day picked in advance for the exciting foray into first foods. EZ's big transition, on the other hand, wasn't all that big. He started looking longingly at my oatmeal this particular morning, and so I went and pureed an avocado. It seemed like the most appropriate first food for our Mexican. (Except this wasn't actually his first solid food, since I'd let him drool all over a rogue banana several weeks back on a flight home from Texas to keep him quiet.)

And M ate a mango while all this was going down.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was such a spontaneous endeavor, that I didn't bother digging the high chair out of the bodega and did my best to stuff his fatty thighs in a borrowed bumbo.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He has no idea what's coming, but he's excited about it.

Photobucket

What the...

Photobucket

Ermmm...

Photobucket

Okay...

Photobucket

Okay... !!

Photobucket

Let's crane our neck to choke this stuff down...

Photobucket

Let's give Mom a scary, green smile for the camera...

Photobucket

And yeah! Not bad!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then when he finally pooped three days later, I got sad. I wonder if other people get sentimental about poo.

7 comments:

k. said...

I do, I do! I miss the runny stuff already.

Quinn hated avocado. I tried three times, & he gave me a face that was like, "What the..." How can MY son hate avocado? It's one of my favorite food groups. I'll try again in a few weeks.

Lim Family - Hawaii said...

Honestly Noelle, you have been in Mexico too long... an avacado for EZ's first meal? At least if the spoon misses is mouth his skin will receive an avacado mask.

mackenzie ray bryant said...

Jase and I just agreed that EZ might seriously be the. cutest. baby. ever. How do you ever get anything done?!

Keep him like this!! We have to meet his chubby baby self before he grows up.

Melissa said...

i can hardly stand this. i need to see him!!! can't wait till may...

like mackenzie said--don't let him grow up any more!!

Melissa said...

oops, that last comment was me, audrey, not mom. using her computer.

noelle said...

that's funny, aud, b/c i was just thinking how that didn't sound like a mom comment. she's a little more snarky. ah, youuuuu guyyys [said in the boys' tone of voice.]

Betsy said...

He is just SOOO cute! I can't get over it! Talk about choosing battles, I skipped baby food altogether with the twins. Since I had long given up nursing, and they had bottles, I didn't see the point. They started on full on solids around 8 months. It was great. And banana and avocado were our firsts too. They just seemed easy to kind cut into little pieces with little worry of choking. People were amazed at my babies feeding themselves full meals by 10 months. In a family of 7, you figure out how to survive. And obviously, it hasn't hurt Coop a bit. The kid is huge! And don't get me started about baths. No one gets enough of those around here, including me!