Saturday, February 28, 2009

health habits

PART 1.



Con calcio = with calcium. Even better.



PART 2.


Dinosaur-shaped nuggets. Manna for babes.

If I don't kill my kids, high-fructose corn syrup and partially-hydrogenated oils will. And then I saw my maid throw a WHOLE stick of butter into the spaghetti noodles. How long has she been doing that?!?

Chest... hurting...

cold... sweat...

slowly... dying...

12 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

but it taste so good...it might just be worth dying for!

Christi said...

I bet that spaghetti is really good though. Why does better make everything taste better??

Dana said...

A couple of things......first of all happy birthday to your mom!!! And i'm totally jealous that you got to go to the Butterfly place, the closest i've been to that experience is watching it on Little Enstien's! And I LOVE that Bruce is still himself even on the stand, we need more like him! Keep it real dude! And don't worry those little Dino's are the only kind of "meat" Brady will eat. We can't even say the word chicken or he won't eat what is on his plate. And I agree with Christi butter is better! That is why your a fitness instructor making work it off!

Dana said...

I mean make THEM work it off my....my bad.

audrey said...

actually i think i'm going to go make myself some chocolate milk. that sounds perfect.

after watching SuperSizeMe, i must admit, nuggets don't do it as much for me anymore. (though i did steal a few off the boys' plates when i was at your place last).

you know what sounds good too? chick-fil-a. mmmmmmmmmmm.

Sherwoods said...

Yeah, dino nuggets and chocolate milk are staples at our house too. In fact, Zach just walked up to the computer, saw this post and said, "Mom, I want chicken nuggets por favor." And yes, he did say por favor. Anyway... LOVE the whole stick story. That is SO mexican, but I guess I should be grateful. That is why they all have diabetes and my husband has a job... Sorry I left you hanging yesterday!

Unknown said...

Love this post. BTW - how in the world do you do those montages of pictures that you have in your butterfly blog? :) Help! :)

Christine said...

the kids look happy--isn't that what it's all about? maybe she could cut the butter to a half a stick:)

R. Sherman On said...

i say you only live once - so SUPERSIZE ME! That diet above is basically what my kids eat exept let's throw in the occassional mac 'n cheese with hot dogs. ain't nothin' betta' than a little processed meat! YUMMY!

i think the only reason i work out is so i can continually hit those buffets - at least one a week. They may not ask you for the supersize at Mickey D's but i go out of my way to tell them that i want the largest size they got back there.

Garity said...

There is a reason why Mexico is the 2nd fattest country (ummm, yea, so we are the first, so what?) which makes it nice to live here and not hear "Fat Americans" like you do when you live in Italy.

As for the nuggets...they have saved me from the daily serving of Mac-and-Cheese with hot dogs. Gotta change it up a bit somehow.

Suz said...

My kids are on the same diet as your kids. I'm really happy when they actually mix the chocolate syrup with the milk. I caught tilly chugging the chocolate sauce and pretended not to see. And dino bites, who could survive with out them all smeared in ketchup. We've had dinos 1-2x a week since timmy was born! Glad I'm not the only one