When M first came along, all of a sudden we were drowning in various shades of pink. Pink blankets, pink burpcloths, pink ribbons and bows and pjs. Purple was a distant second. Take note: baby girls only come in one color. But we succumbed, we accepted, and we survived the girlie onslaught.
And secretly kind of liked it.

Christmas 2008 came and went, and whatdya know. Things got rosier.




This kitchen only came in one color. Naturally. No need for rose-colored glasses here when everything around you is already perfectly pastel.
12 comments:
baby girl must have been a very good girl this year. i am secretly coveting that righteous kitchen. can i come over and play with it a little?
i will be honest, Ryan (MY son) has a kitchen. this was a debate for esther and her mom, but esther seems to always convince her mother that her ideas are best. Ryan would love to hang with M in that fabulous kitchen. unfortunately, Ryan mainly cooks hot dogs, donuts and hamburgers.
I think it is a rite passage or a rite of pink I should say!!! They all go through it. And where did you get that kitchen. I want one for Reagan!!!
oh man, i just wrote this long post and somehow my computer crashed....urghh....
OK, i love that we are on the same wavelength with the girls!!! they are just too cute and so fun. i hope they will become good friends as they get older :)
i LOVE m's cute kitchen! it is adorable. is that from mexico??? it looks like pottery barn stuff.
i am running a sweat shop over here making bows like a crazy person. so far i've made lorelei 20-odd new bows :)
i've got to check flight prices, but regardless we're hoping to see everyone at thanksgiving, hopefully :) pete and i thought it would be fun to go to disney world.
ok, gotta run, love you, miss you!!!
disney world! how magical... but i think bruce will need a little convincing.
and the kitchen is from mexico, a costco special. m's in love with her pink stuff.
Ok i know you can relate when I say this because you had two boys before your beautiful daughter entered your world-WOW that's a lot of girly stuff! I have never even seen pony's and fairies on our TV! Kind of makes me want a little girl.....brad would kill me if he saw me say that. Seriously though, I bet Brady would totally dig a kitchen, unfortunately for him, his father likes sporting goods, automobiles, and all things that make loud noise and drive me crazy!
costco...are you kiddin' me...that looks like PB...are Costco's different here in the states? anyway, noelle, what gives, how are you doing the little collage things..is that a photoshop elements thing or something else. please tell.
gossip girl...hmmm, i'm thinking about it. i've decided that i'm likely already going to hell for Grey's anatomy so what's a little more dirty in one's already filthy day. love ya.
You have no idea how bad I've been lusting, yes I said lusting, after that pink kitchen. Sam's club has a really similar one that I've been forbidden to buy. Zach keeps reminding me that Aubrey won't really care about it yet, and that I'm really the one who wants to play with it (yes it's true).
I can't believe you got that kitchen at Costco! Totally looks like the Pottery Barn one! Little girls are so fun! I still can't get enough pink! They just grow up too fast! At least yours are small and look younger longer! I'm growing some giants over here.
I totally relate to M. I understand girls. It's the boys I don't understand. How come every little boy I see tries to shoot a spider web at me. Princess are more mild, but more dramatic. Can't wait to until she gets into those. You'll hate it. I'll offer you my shoulder to cry on.
Oh, how we love our little girls. They are so fun -- and yours is as cute as can be!
is that pinkness really what's heading my way?? do i really have a girl? am i really a mom? of a daughter??!!!
does it ever just... re-hit you? whew. i can't believe i'm getting so old.
along with passing down all of m's clothes, are you passing down pink kitchens too? please? because i have a feeling that, like melanie's beloved zach, my minimalist andy might fight the itty bitty kitchen & gadgets as well.
(sidenote. speaking of kitchens, remember how mom made us each take a night of the week where we had to cook? that's one reason for me to have five kids: so that i don't have to cook. five kids = five meals. saturday = pizza night. sunday = i don't mind doing the pancakes. voila! what a good mom i am.)
Post a Comment