Tuesday, July 15, 2008

T-H-I-R-T-Y


I neglected to give this guy a little shout out last Wednesday in all the chaos of moving. Like this close-up pic? I'm trying to hone in on any wrinkles he may or may not be developing. Pete called him that morning and said, "Congratulations, man. Welcome to the thirty-year-old club." Love it. Although, I think Bruce is even hotter than he was at 21. Of course, when I met him, he'd just gotten off his mission from the Dominican Republic and was wasting away from the leftover parasites he brought back home with him. We look back at those pics and think he looks a little like death warmed over. It makes me feel really good about myself, because I think, "I really married this guy for his spiritual capacity." Okay, I am totally kidding. I've always been hot for him! Bruce, I love ya, babe. I don't know anyone I would trust more with the temporal and spiritual safety of our family. He's like a steady rock, anchored in all the things that truly matter. But most importantly, no matter how old you get, Bruce, I will ALWAYS be younger than you! Boo-yah!

7 comments:

Christi said...

Happy Birthday Bruce!!!

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday Bruce!

audrey said...

bruce. my most favorite person-named-bruce.

you have known me for quite the while now. since i pranced around in teeny high schooly shorts. and had way too many ear piercings. (kauti, remember when we pierced our belly buttons? and they took pictures of our tums to put on the wall? random memory). anyways. bruce, we've shared bocce ball and priesthood blessings and awful returns-from-dates-gone-sour and nights-with-creepy-guys and bryant-girl dilemmas and too much marshmallow salad and lotsa spaghetti with turkey meat and glasses and contacts and movie marathons and smallville and friends and cars cars cars and byu campus student-card food and so on and so on...

so glad we get to keep you. i miss you guys already. andy's really gonna miss you at the family reunion. come back!!!!!!

xoxo.aud

ps. you and andy make 30 seem like the age to be. so breezy. like it's so easy being hot hot HOT...

Shauna said...

i too remember bruce in the early days, and i have to say.."bruce, you've only get better with age."
happy belated birthday man!
PS. remember when you wouldn't tell Noelle what OG (original gansta) meant and she totally hit you in the crotch and you got all mad. i still think about that and laugh from time to time. ahhh, the good times. i'm laughing right now just thinking about it.
PS. noelle, seriously write me and tell me how Mexico is...i'm dying to know

noelle said...

ok, shauna. first of all, hilarious. i have no recollection of that moment, but i totally believe it. remember how upset he'd get when i'd poke him? hahahahaha....

and aud. you know you liked all those spaghetti/turkey meat dinners. i wonder if that's how a certain someone will always remember me... i cook more things now. can you let that someone know next time you talk to that someone? :) as for the marshmallow salad. andy gets a double high five for still eating that stuff five days later. mr. minimalist, waste not, want not.

audrey said...

b-ruce

ya, eres mexicano. hay que aquirir el acento. puedo imaginar Luke con su machismo.... completemente mexicano. casi no puedo esperar. oh, y los desnudos en la calle.... viva mexico!!!!!!!!! y feliz cumpleaƱos. el treinta es maravilloso.

andy

Melissa Oman said...

Happy Birthday Bruce!!! We hope you have a great year!!