Tuesday, July 15, 2008

naked political rallies

I'll spare you the image, so there will be no photo with this post. But just about every day we've been here so far (except for Sunday), there have been these political rallies in the streets. And people are totally naked at these political rallies. I kid you not. They're pretty much just wearing these political flyers (I'm talking 8x10 - or maybe 5x7 papers) with these political images on them as loin cloths. AND. NOTHING. ELSE. Women included. You're getting gas at the pump, and these people are running around chanting in the nude. I'm picking up the boys from school, and on the way home, these people are running by naked. So far, I don't think my kids have noticed. It's miraculous, really. I keep trying to distract them with things like, "Er... check your shoes, everyone!! Make sure you didn't step in doggy poop today!" Anyway, just another fun part about living in la ciudad.

**Edit**

Hey! It worked! Aud, this is for you, since you wanted to see it sooo bad. Unfortunately - or should I say FORTUNATELY - I couldn't make this image any bigger...

3 comments:

audrey said...

come on. post the pic. i know you wanna. do it. DO IT. it's such a keeper, i swear. yay to dani for snagging it.


POST IT. the sheltered suburbans and SUV-orange-slicing-mormon-moms of the world need to see that there's another... perspective...in the world : )

noelle said...

ok, i'll be honest with you. i DID try to post the pic, but for someone reason it wouldn't upload to blogger. maybe they automatically block naked adult bums? :)

Shauna said...

oh my gosh...seriously!!! you're gonna fit right in with the crazies' i just know it. send some pics of your apt. already... i want to see what it's like around there.