1. I went out with a couple girlfriends Friday night. We got pedicures and then went to a restaurant where the party of six across the way from us went all "pulp fiction" and started cursing and flinging glasses of whatever at each other. Seriously. It was some sort of lover's spat from the sound of it. And a GANGSTA lover's spat, from the look of it. One dude was big pimpin' it with his gold chain and top hat yelling at his lady love in her high heels and faux fur. Classic. No guns involved, however, so I was able to make it to my 28th birthday unscathed. I was envisioning the headlines during those few tense seconds, "Innocent bystander, Noelle On, would have been 28 on Saturday..."
Thank you, Bonnie and Brooke! Never a dull moment with these two around...
2. Our waitress had the same birthday as me. And I have to say our service was fabulous. People born on Groundhog's Day are awesome.
3. Listening to my guys sing happy birthday to me over a chocolate cake with a cherry on top. "Happy Birthday, Mama!" is the sweetest sound in the world.
4. Bruce took me to see 27 dresses--a movie that most guys wouldn't be caught dead in. I'm pretty sure he was the only guy in that movie theatre. But what can I say? He loves me. Although, I did notice he quickened his step a bit on the way out.
All in all, a great birthday weekend. I like being 28! I have a thing about even numbers sounding cuter than odd ones.
5 comments:
Glad to hear you had such a wonderful day. I was worried that you'd realize at 8pm on the 2nd that it was your birthday and treat yourself to a granola bar. Sounds like you did it right...a little beauty, a little nurishment, and a little entertainment. Good way to start your 28th year!
Happy Birthday, I say ditto to what Melissa says! I want to see 27 Dresses, its been ages since we've gone to a movie! Hey wait a sec now that we are 28 we are closer to 30 than 20.....hummm how did that get past me?!
Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great start to your new year. Hope that you enjoy lots of fun all year.
a granola bar, huh, melissa? haha... you know me so well.
but, noey, when i called that day, you WERE munching on a granola bar, weren't you? ...
Post a Comment