






Making EZ laugh. He's an easy crowd.
I haven't blogged in a while, because oh, friends. I've got tons on my mind.
Like the fact that we are moving back to the States and all that it entails. From remembering how to drive in America (e.g., red lights are no longer optional) to becoming homeowners once again (e.g., yard work). On any given night for the past several months, Bruce and I have been scanning www.har.com like hawks. We are straight up obsessed.
Like the fact that I am running a half marathon in two weeks and have yet to run anything past nine miles at this point. Nor can I finish a long run without hobbling the whole rest of that day or sans an ice pack at hand every couple of hours. I am stressing over the fact that I may be doing permanent and irrevocable damage to my knees. I should stop. I shouldn't do it. But of course I will. Curse my pride and high pain tolerance.
Like the fact that EZ has to have a three-hour surgery in a month to remove a blockage in his ureter. He and I will be in the hospital for three days and it's a two-week recovery. I am worried what kind of baby he will be after that, because so far, he has been the very best, happiest and well-rested baby ever. Will I be able to hold him without hurting his incision site those first few days? How will I nurse him? Will he even want to eat? But apparently the doctors say his weight and size offer a best case scenario at this age. At his three-month checkup he was 15 1/2 pounds and 25 inches, so I suppose his chub is good for something else besides giving me hernias.
So anyway. Lots on my mind. Lots of prayers being offered up over here. But not just for help. Mostly, they are full of gratitude, because let's face it. I have an eternal list of things to be grateful for. Life is really, really good.
11 comments:
Hang in there! A lot of stuff going on this year for the On fam bam! Moving is just never, ever fun. But heeeey life in the USA is grand! Mexico is not hip anymore, it was so 2009. ;-) Poor EZ and his surgery. Thinking of you all!
Oh lady--you have a busy life! But that sweet fat babe is way.Too.CUTE! I'm sure his surgery will go well and all will be back to normal in no time. Zach had to have surgery a few months ago and it was amazing how quickly he bounced back to being a wild monkey (even with an incision)--the next day. But a mother will worry. Good luck!!
That little baby is so ADORABLE! What a cute laugh! It sounds like you have a lot on your list, but it's great to try and stay positive. Poor EZ. On another note though, I WISH I overworked my knees! I don't think I could ever motivate myself enough to run a half marathon. Good job :)
Can you please video him laughing and put it on the blog so I can hear him? Very cute!!
Love this post. Love those smiles even more. I just wish I could hear the giggles that accompany them. Good luck on the marathon. You will be fabulous. Just remember, you beat me by an hour when you were seven month prego. You are my hero. You can do it.
We are praying for EZ and momma. Keep us posted. We hope all goes well!
i feel the same way noelle, lots on the mind. today B was sick and Brent took M to church. for the first time in a long time B napped and as bad as my tired, huge body wanted it...i just laid there...wanting to sleep but feeling completely fretful and anxious for all this month will bring. not to mention that last night i had a small contraction, and thought i would die. did i really have two kids already? oh me. life is about to change...again.
so your moving back!!! did i miss that post?? lol
where? when? and have you found any fan-tabulous houses? details please. you know that's my favorite part.
Welcome back to the United States (almost). We hope the surgery goes well. You are in our thoughts. Hope to see you soon.
poor little baby. do you want me to come out there for his surgery?
There are few things in life that are better than those baby smiles. I know that sounds corny like a hallmark card, but it's true. I cannot get enough of Gabi's sweet cheeky smiles.
Oh my goodness! He is deliciously plump! So, so adorable, Noe!
WE ARE EXCITED YOU ARE MOVING BACK TO HOUSTON!!!!!
Ryan and Mason will visit Bryson, Luke, Makenna and EZ this summer! Maybe Caleb and Lorelei can come too. And yes Kauti, I will be sure to watch Lorelei when she is swimming.
Post a Comment