I have a problem. Some girls obsess over shoes and purses. I obsess over Lycra... (and running shoes and cross trainers and yoga bags and gym totes, if we're being honest). If you were to walk into my closet at this very moment, you would see that 80 percent of the clothes I own are workout clothes and loungewear. I don't own normal person clothing. Right now I have about $756 in my online shopping bag at Athleta and $432 over at Lululemon. My fingers are itching to click "checkout." Of course, I won't. Bruce might have an aneurysm and we might have to give up a baby for adoption if I did. But I'm just really addicted to online window shopping for workout gear. Do they have support groups for this kind of thing?
So far, I want this and this and this and this and this and this and this. I especially want this right now:

The Awareness Wrap. Cute, right? I love the wrist cuffs with the thumbhole feature, and I really love how it covers the bum. I can throw it on over my tight-fitted yoga leggings and then run to the grocery store without worrying about being all "brown chicken, brown cow" while the mexican muchachos leer on, ever so non-discreet.
But I digress.
This online window shopping thing. It's a real problem. I think of the hours I have wasted coveting spandex, and it makes me a little ill. So maybe New Year's goal #4 is to just... turn off the computer?
10 comments:
#4 will give you more time for #1,2,3. Workout clothes are as comfortable as lounge-wear. They serve dual purpose for people on the go and on the lounge. Multi-tasking clothes. They are also mixable and widen your array of clothing, even if they all look somewhat the same. That wrap is so cute and the name really makes it. "Awareness." It's okay...buy a few more.
I LOVE athleta! I would buy all of that stuff. I say hit the buy button!
So is 16 pairs not counting the athleta stuff that you had shipped to my house to bring when I fly down this week?
;)))
p.s. My online carts look like yours
everyone's entitled to their own little obsessions. mine is dresses and aprons (i obviously love food but that's another story all together). love them, especially sun dresses. it's the only thing i like about summer!
i say as long as it's being used then it's not so bad, right? why pay for jeans if you are hardly ever going to wear them. you don't have to buy it all NOW just a little splurge each day. good luck restraining yourself.
Wow - so bruce loves cuff links & suits and u r stuck in gym clothing. What an interesting sight you two must be on the streets of mexico cty. The man dressed to the nines and a wife who prefers moisture wicking material.
one of my new years goals too...not so much time spent aimlessly on the computer. too many other good things to do this year i figure. my problem (def not black work out pants to make my ever growing butt look even bigger than it already is..which is huge now by the way) is house decorating blogs and websites. ugh. so much time wasted...enjoyed, but wasted.
i do want to blog more though. for christmas brent got my blog made into books for me, by year. best gift ever, hands down. makes all those words and thoughts out in cyberspace feel grounded and all worth while.
Not that this is helping, but do you know Lucy? Like, the store Lucy? My sister (in Portland) is obsessed with it, & I am now too.
brown chicken, brown cow.
equals "bow chicka ow ow."
thank you, aud.
Dude, you have a problem! J/K! I always do online shopping and never end of checking out. It almost gives me full satisfaction as if I were buying whatever I wanted at Target.... oh well. I'm pretty sure there is a support group for women who are addicted to athletic wear. It's called www.crazywomenwhoworkoutwaytoomuchunite.com check it out!
P.S. I've been super busy and haven't seen your baby and he is so cute. Congrats!
Post a Comment