A trim, people.
But that's not what happened. No. Because Mommy is like a two-year-old with scissors, I inadvertently lopped off about four inches of hair. I snipped off the first big chunk and looked down in horror at what I'd done. M smiled up at me and said, "I look so pretty, Mom?" So innocent and trusting. I faintly smiled back and said, "Oh yes! So pretty." But what I really wanted to yell out was, Holy-mother-of-crap-what-have-I-DONE?!?
And then Bruce walked in a moment later and said it for me. "What did you do?!?"

There was a time when M channeled Bruce Lee. Now we've graduated to Crooked Bob. The hair catastrophes are endless around here. No more scissors for Mommy. We'll be seeing a professional shortly.
6 comments:
Does it bring back memories of your home haircuts? I think her cut looks great. It's neat and even enough.
this is actually a good pic. it's much worse in real life. and yes, those mullet haircuts you gave us growing up will haunt me all the days of my life. after my handiwork, even bruce said paying $50 twice a year is worth it so she can stop looking like an orphan.
makenna,
Come visit me and I will take you for a haircut with Nancy. Maybe we will all get mani-pedis too.
Love,
auntie Kauti
p.s. your hair looks cute in a bob cut :)
i like how you sneakily pretend this back shot is a good enough documentation. when really you're just not letting your poor child face a camera till your bad work has grown out.
i'd do the same ; ) jk.
I remember you using that "channeling Bruce lee" line. If there were a "best of noelle" book somewhere, that line would be in it. Eh, it's just hair. My niece watched that tangled show and lopped off the whole right side of her hair... Inches lost in the double digits. Could be worse.
ok, i know you and bruce have been married for a while, "oh, snap?". bruce's slang is in your house.
Post a Comment