Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"the woman i was before"

I go through these phases where I just want to sing and play the piano at every waking moment, and so every once in a while it is an effort to get me away from my Yamaha. Of course, with three kids and places to go and things to do, it doesn't happen as often as I'd like. But this has been one of those weeks where I needed to fill that musical void. I pulled out all my Broadway books (Phantom, Les Mis, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Little Women, Miss Saigon, etc.), random sheet music (like Sarah McLachlan - that's embarrassing), and all my Church music. And then I had the sudden urge to sing this one song from the Women of Destiny, volume 2, songbook. "The Woman I Was Before."

But I couldn't find this songbook. Did I lend it out and never get it back? Is it in storage? And I've searched all over the Internet to try and order another copy, but it seems to be OUT OF PRINT! Am crying inside... and when I can't sing and play a song and get it out of my system, I am physically hurting. Maybe other musicians will understand? Or maybe it's just me. But somebody help me, because there is a deep pain in my chest that will not be assuaged until I get a copy of that music.

Photobucket

To hear a sound byte of the song, click here. Then scroll down to "The Woman I Was Before" (vocals by Emily Castleton).

6 comments:

Becca said...

I live in mormon-land. I bet I could find it for you.

noelle said...

please oh please!!!

M said...

I hear ya, baby. I'm glad to know you're singing because it makes me think that all those piano and voice lessons are not forgotten and can still bring you happiness...although I didn't get a classical pianist out of it. Broadway won out.

shannon said...

Emily is my old neighbor...the one I was telling you about. haha!

noelle said...

are you serious, shannon? that is so ironic. and hilarious. surely she must have a copy then!

kristi lee said...

can't help you out on the music but i totally understand the need/urge!!!