And please do not expect any belly pics up in here. My baby bump was semi-cute with number one, but I want to save you all from eye-burning photos of baby bump number four. Heinous is the word I'd use.
If you thought Bruce and I were done having children, that would make three of us. But sometimes Someone Else has other plans, and we just have to go along for the ride. And because I was sure that Bruce and I were done, I brought no maternity clothes, baby clothes, or baby gear here with us to Mexico. Convenient, non?
But you know, I think this is a blessing in disguise, because I know that if I had to wear a single item of my old maternity clothes ever again, I would think about slitting my wrists. In fact, I had this pink Gap maternity shirt (worn through three pregnancies) that made me so angry when I looked at it post-partum after M, that I cut it up with scissors in a fit of rage and used it to clean the toilet seat before throwing it away. I also really hated our old infant car seat that weighed 20 pounds, and who doesn't want an excuse to buy new baby clothes? Silver lining here, people. Silver lining.
But then I came across a blog post - shoot, now I can't remember where (losing brain cells here by the minute, guys) - and this girl was asking for recommendations on baby items to register for (I'm sorry nameless girl, remind me who you are!). Crap! I thought. What do babies need? I think I've forgotten... so overwhelmed at the thought. Diapers, wipes, baby food, bibs, pacifiers, sleepers, burp cloths, swaddling blankets... I'm already exhausted just thinking about starting over and buying the colossal amount of junk these 20-inch persons come with. Gah, I think I'm tearing up right now.
But... well... c'est la vie, friends. True love comes with a sacrifice. And I am grateful for another little one in my life to truly love. I am. It means more love in our home (more fighting) and more hugs, kisses and love pats (and possibly a few hate slaps) from tiny hands. In another week or so, we find out if baby number four is a boy or a girl. I have my strong suspicions (and a silent, earnest prayer to God that I can only handle one M in my life), but you can tell me yours. Boy? Girl? If you tell me its both, it's over between us.
19 comments:
I love and am partial to baby girls! They are best friends. They are conversational and so fun...except during the teen years. But they grow up to be such lovely women.
Hey Noelle! Congrats on the new baby :) My guess is team pink.
We must be in the same week together. I think I'm 17 or 18 weeks along right now, but who can remember with three other little ones running around? My EDD is 10/25 which means the baby will show up the second week of Nov., LOL!
Wow, we both got released from our presidency callings (Joleene Gaume is the new RS Pres, BTW) and we're both pregnant. Weird :)
Dan and I are doing the less is more thing here though since we've gotten rid of every scrap of baby clothing and gear (still have the maternity clothes though, ugh! They're 10 years old at this point!)
I've got my baby carrier since Natalie still fits in it (ergo, love it, best invention ever!) since a stroller doesn't work well with big kids who want to stand on it and end up tipping it over.
We'll be nursing so that takes care of bottles. We have a cosleeper that we gave to our friend that we'll ask for back. And we'll just see how the clothing situation goes because we're not finding out what we're having. It's TX and its hot though (you know, even in Oct/Nov), so lots of onesies and receiving blankets. Maybe a couple of newborn gowns.
Because I have huge babies I'll more than likely just get one of those convertible carseats (the 8-65 lb ones) with the newborn insert, because I'm too cheap and lazy to get an infant bucket seat.
Best of luck, I can't wait to hear what you find out!
Finally you said something on your blog!!!! Congrats. I can't wait to hear what it is!!!
Let's have boys together. Yes. My vote is for a boy.
Wait. I was totally going to do that post. About what to get. Seriously. It's in my drafts this very second, because I don't know the first thing about babies. But now I'm second guessing myself! Lame of me?? Shoot. I hate internet pressure.
I'm happy for you + #4. You're such a good mama, so s/he is probably giving Heaven high-fives just anticipating getting to show up in your family.
Congrats!! I'm excited for you and hope you're feeling well. I'm going with girl. :-)
I'm all for team boy!!! M is wonderful and she will totally be able to take care of herself with three brothers messing with her. Pluse I really hope this new guy has the dimples like L.
And what about a name? Any jumping out at you?
It feels like this guy is taking forever to get here!!! And by the way I am not waiting 3 years to meet him. Your family will have to endure me visiting some time again in the future.
Whaaat, YAY I am SO excited for you guys! I know what you mean about "someone else"...dang him! You guys are so great, that baby is going to be so lucky to have all of you! I think its a boy-but I know whatever it is it will be FREAKING cute!
Love you
COngrats! I knew of course, through melissa, but I've been waiting for the big blog debut. My vote is for a girl! Sorry :) but a girl needs a sister! don't worry, they'll never fight, b/c sisters don't do that right?
I don't even know where to start. My heart goes out for you in happiness and understanding your frustration. Of course, then you end with a picture of Pat and how can I not just bust out laughing and forget everything I just read.
Yes, I had to go back and read it again.
Congrats and best of luck with your pregnancy. Enjoy all the shopping!
I am VERY partial to boys but you just have to remind yourself that no child is alike. If it's a girl she will probably be nothing like M!;)
i say boy.
but MAN it's taking fooor.ehhhhhh.verrrr. to find out.
i'm going with girl. i can't wait to find out, and i'm sorry maybe i sound terrible, but i think you need to come back to have that baby.
i wish everyone would just come and take all of my stuff. seriously, it is kind of sad how excited we get to get rid of baby stuff. i love babies, but i'm done.
and p.s. i felt terribly guilty about buying lots of new maternity clothes for one pregnancy, but hey live it up, it may be the last time.
if you were an amazon like me, i'd ship you some of my cute gap dresses i got last time, but i'm pretty sure you'd be drowning in them.
love ya. can't wait to find out.
it's a girl. a little sister for m. a little baby girl cousin for l. i can't wait.
congrats! fun bc i actually had a post that was about what to register. i am still clueless. ignorance is bliss...right???
hannah! maybe it was you?!?!!? i know i was clicking through blogs somewhere... congratulations! i so wish i could contribute to your baby registry post!! but there are wiser women than me out there who will surely give you better advice! though check out my friend, kathryn's link (kathryn and mike), because she posted a similar post to you and has gotten some great answers. good luck! i am so thrilled for you!
finally!!! i was wondering if we were gonna have to wait for the official annoucement when you were giving birth or something! then again, what do i know, look where telling everyone at 3 weeks got me. lol. noelle, i definitely believe you're gonna need another girl. number one... it's only fair to M. number two... it will make for infinitely better blog posts. smooches. love ya
Congrats again! Exciting news. I am going with a girl because you once told me you liked things in even numbers. I can't wait to find out.
oh Noelle, can't you be back here with me??? I am "that pregnant lady" at the YMCA everyday, praying to keep from turning into a pumpkin. Andrea stills let's me into combat:) they'll have to roll me out I'm afraid sometime around August 29th!
I feel another boy coming on. Mainly because I'd like to see what another On boy will turn out like- B or L or somewhere in the middle. congrats! luv you
does your MIL still work at GAP--I would just put my order in for one of everything there!
Noelle,
I love the picture of pat you posted at the end of this. So funny.
I'm so excited for you. I understand completly - I got rid of everything when I was tired of waiting for #4... so some tips. i love giving unsolicited advice when i should be sleeping...
Babies need 1) leche 2) blankets 3) diapers 4) carseat 5) stroller. 6) clothing (although optional if they are swaddled correctly)
That is it. don't buy any of the gear, that we are convinced we "need" for babies. With each child I have used less of this junk.
think
SIMPLE!
Wow! Four. We're in that overwhelming period of adjustment right now, when another kid just sounds... I'll stop. How about this instead: Congratulations! I think boy, M seems like an only girl to me.
Erin mentioned the 1/2 marathon to me. I'm contemplating it... probably will just keep contemplating until it's all filled up.
Post a Comment