I just registered for the Provo River Trail 1/2 Marathon in August. I'll be 7 months pregnant. Ay, me. Why do I do this to myself?? One reason might be that I am a sucker for a physical challenge. I can't help myself. I am addicted to exercise. Like I go into panic mode if I haven't broken an aerobic sweat in two days. And if all my friends are busy getting into shape while I expand to roughly the size of a baby whale, I cannot stand idly by.
Because reason number two might be that I have about 13 other Mexican amigas (some who have already left and moved away from the D.F.) who have decided that a reunion between dear friends is best done in sports bras and running shoes on a random trail in Provo. Cool. I love these ladies so much. And like I'd let them get all pumped and race-ready without me! Please. So there's no turning back now. My ticket to SLC is bought and paid for. I'm doing this. And I call last place...
So where do you think I can find a harness to hoist this belly of mine across the finish?
15 comments:
wow you are nuts.
but maybe i'll just stay in utah a bit longer and run it too.
so i can make sure you don't keel over and faint.
as WELL as make sure you cross that finish line : )
but please tell me you plan on doing a walk/run training.
we want that baby to come out with all body parts in the right place.
p.s. yayy for some much-needed new running shoes for moi!
Sweet. Nectar. This just makes it so much better that you will be there. No D.F reunion would be complete without you. I don't even know what to say. I am just SO excited!
Wait, seriously?
We might not be blog friends anymore.
I gave up my gym membership (well, "froze" it) months ago. My exercise consists of walking up & down subway stairs, carrying grocery bags & lifting food to my mouth. Heaven help me.
You'd better come see me in Springville. Do you need a place to stay or is that part of the reunion?
Let me know when and where it is and I will come cheer for you at the finish line.
p.s. I haven't had a car for a week so I have not been able to look for that music yet.
amanda, it will all be worth it just to see you!!
kathryn, don't say that! i've walked those nyc subway stairs preggo AND carrying my child in a stroller. motherhood in nyc is not for the faint-hearted. you don't need a gym membership. plus, having to maneuver yourself between the disgruntled/thoughtless masses - i see it as cross training.
becca - yes, yes! we need to see each other! as it gets closer, let's make a plan. the race is august 7th. i'd love it if you came and cheered me on in all my preggo glory... haha.
Congrats! I think it's awesome you're having another baby and that you are running a marathon! If you have time, I'd love to come down to provo and meet you for lunch! I'm sure you are super busy, but it would be fun!!! You're going to need one of those super supportive belts for that race!
you're a nut case!!! seriously?...but i know you already know that, so i won't rub it in. serously? (did i already say that?)
hmmm...have you even ran a half marathon not pregnant noe? i'm just sayin'. lol
smooches.
Fashion called me this morning trying to convince me to partake in that absurdity. I might do it with all of you! but that means i would run it with you guys that weekend and then do a triathalon the next. I guess if you can do it 7 months pregnant than I should be able to, right?
brittney, yes! i'm not a good gauge of sanity, but i say do it!
OK, I don't why people want to run that far any way, unless someone is after you or they are trying to take your kids away, why?! Why? And pregnant? Really!?!
This baby is going to have super human strength, he/she is going to come out with running shoes on!
I always knew you were super woman. I would not miss this for the world. I'll be there! Xo.
I'm excited for you Noelle - you'll have a great time!
hi noelle. I saw your comments on kathryn's blog and am excited to find yours. my family was good friends with bruce and sherman during high school in england so it's great to see a bit of an update. (I think it's been since '98! Way back when Bruce's signature phrase was "get off me because I'm Bruce On.") your family + life are so pretty! lucky you to be ex-pats again.
-kelli (sullivan) burgoyne
Hi Noelle,
I know this sounds CRAZY, but I did sign you up for the insane asylum (2nd floor, bed 2), along with the all the other pregnant mothers who are preparing for the next Olympics. I am just surprised that you aren't competing in the pole vault too. I think you'd "sore" over the competition.
To sum it up, when "You're ON, your a little OFF."
Love you forever,
papa
haha. oh papa : )
the funny thing is that it's just the opposite for you. when you're a little OFF {like loopy after days and days with only 2.5 hours of sleep}, you're always ON. i think that's why you've always been so funny all our lives. you never get any sleep.
Post a Comment