
I'm suffering from a dangerous addiction to Fruit Loops right now. One bowl is bad enough. Three bowls in half an hour is sacrilige. Where'd my will power go? First things first, I never buy Fruit Loops. But B and I were at Costco the other afternoon, it had been a long day, and long story short - I was broken down. He caught me in a weak moment, I caved, and before you could say "Toucan Sam," Fruit Loops were rung up at the cash register. Total novice mama moment. What the heck? I have three kids. I should know better.
I'd like to tell myself I'm suffering through a serious consumption of Fruit Loops, because I'm trying to keep the kids from O.D.-ing, but let's face it, people. I've got a problem. However, if we're looking at this quandary from the cool side of the pillow, we can learn a few things:
1. Never grocery shop when you're hungry.
2. Never grocery shop when you're hungry and tired.
3. Never, EVER grocery shop when you're hungry, tired and with your kids. (Cue scary music and red flashing lights here.)
This is a perfect example of why I need to work out to support my eating habits. Instructor friends, if you're reading this, don't judge me.
4 comments:
colorful, sugared cereals are my secret shame. i'll come over, bring my fruity pebbles or cap'n crunch berries with me and let's read a people mag and watch gossip girl or an equally trashy television show so we can feel good about ourselves all-around. yeah?
I think you forgot to add that you should never enter Costco unless you've tatooed "I do not NEED that" on your forhead. There's something about those concrete floors and soaring shelves that makes you weak and feel paniced...as if this could be the last time they carry fruit loops. Just keep me away from the two jumbo pack of nutella or we'll all be sorry.
I caved long ago, when Seth introduced those and Fruity Pebbles, and Lucky Charms to the kids. Bode will dump his bowl at this point if the right cereal is not in there. I've decided some battles are not worth it.
it's a dangerous cycle with the cereal. i pour in the cereal. then i pour in too much milk (subconsciously, i claim). that means i eat, and then have to put more cereal in for the leftover milk. then: too much cereal. thus, after i eat a bit, i gotta put a little more milk. again, on "accident." cycle. dangerous little carbs and sugars.
we should eat breakfast cereal like my friend zach james. he uses a nice-sized pot. quit being in denial, and just poor the box in : )
Post a Comment