As Erin puts it, "Too bad they didn't fall in athletic love sooner." But since Erin and Matt are leaving for the homeland soon, Bruce was lamenting over not having someone to play squash regularly with him, so that - in his words - "I don't keep getting better than everyone else that might play with me." I said, "Wow, that's mighty prideful of you, don't you think?" But I offered to play with him regularly. Graciously, he responded, "Er... okay. Maybe if I play left-handed and with my eyes closed... that could be fun." Jerk.
Unfortunately, he is uncannily good at tennis and racquetball and squash and these other ball games involving racquets/paddles for never really playing much growing up. It must be some kind of genetic Asian thing - I hear table tennis is huge over there.
8 comments:
sad to see their man crush come to a close. if it makes you feel better, matt doesn't appreciate my athletic skills, either. i'm just a warm body with which to hold a racket and shag the tennis balls.
I don't know much about squash, but Brian used to love to play racquetball at BYU. I even played with him a couple of times when we were dating (haha -- yes, feel free to laugh at that mental image!)
bad idea playing against bruce....remember what happened with jeannie & casey??? One of you may end up with a black eye!
Once again, you could totally take him. He's just scared that if you acutally try, he'll get beat by a girl.
Maybe Bruce could play with the creepy guy stalking you from his window...he seems to have a lot of time on his hands.
You go and kick his butt! Brad thinks the same about me, but I know I could take him! Who do these guys think the married?!
you're so funny. jarom has had a few "athletic lovers" himself. they say women are bad...i don't know?
i thought you were the athletic one in the family? by the way, was the you tube clip a suggestion that bruce is going to buy tiny shorts and start playing table tennis?
Post a Comment