Wednesday, November 23, 2011

thanksgiving eve

I should be finishing preparing the stuffing, but I have an innate need to procrastinate. It was the most perfect 70-degree weather today. Just in time for me to give thanks for living in Houston in November and not the Netherlands.

We headed to the zoo on a whim. Might as well make good use of the membership we bought way back in the dead heat of summer and didn't have any desire to be near a zoo. Or the light of day for that matter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.  It turns what we have into enough, and more.  It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.  It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.  Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."
~Melody Beattie~

5 comments:

mackenzie ray bryant said...

I love the zoo. You should bring your kids to Utah sometime so I have an excuse to go ;) such an adorable family! You're lucky. Loved this post, but envious of the weather. It's gotten so cold here!

Gayle said...

Great pictures! I love the sequence of the 3 of them standing and then walking off one at a time! Miss you guys!

Kauti Nicholls said...

these are cute pics. I miss you guys and can't wait to see your faces in a few weeks!!!!


eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk!

audrey said...

i need that quote tattooed into my arm.

pete on said...

dude b is almost as tall as you!!!!! wow