
Normally, when I interview at a gym, it's actually more of an audition. I plug in my ipod (or it used to be that I would throw in a CD), and I teach a few tracks, demonstrating my ability to connect with a room, role model perfect technique, and basically be a rock star... juuuust kidding. (No, but really. I am a group exercise snob. Everyone has their thing. This is mine.)
But when applying at a certain gym recently, they actually sat me down and (gasp!) interviewed me. They were asking me all those ridic theoretical/rhetorical questions that they probably downloaded off the Internet. If you were put in a situation where you were asked to do something you didn't agree with, how would you handle it? Can you give us an example of how you improved a situation that was causing discord among your co-workers? If you were a cereal, what would you be? What? I was weirded out. But I rolled with it, because I'm professional like that. But every once in a while, I would say, "So... want me to teach something now?" They never had me teach.
But they did ask me the most generic question of all, knowing I am a mother of four: "What would you consider to be the greatest accomplishment of your life so far?" What do you think I said? What else could I have possibly said? (For the record, I was being interviewed by a lesbian and an unmarried, childless gal. Super nice, but not your typical, family au courant audience.) The lesbian exclaimed, "I knew it! I knew you were gonna say that!" And I was thinking, If you knew I was going to say it, then why ask it? I love so much the inane, awkward things people say.
So yeah. I am a lot of things. But being a mother supersedes everything else a trillion times a billion. What can compare? Nothing. Nothing in the world.
3 comments:
amen sista.
Like, like, like!
A trillion times a billion. Yes.
Post a Comment