Wednesday, November 2, 2011

11.02.2011

Did you know my name is a palindrome? N-O-E-L-L-E-O-N. This is why I'm awesome. Today is also a palindrome: 11.02.2011. Again, awesome. So I figured, Why not pull up the 'ole blog? Because those things are related. I keep contemplating deleting it, because having it out here in cyberspace with no new posts is like a mental energy drain when it crosses my mind. Like the 10 loads of laundry upstairs in my bedroom waiting to be folded. Actually, they're half folded. Bruce tried to motivate me all day yesterday by saying he was going to rent a movie at Red Box and we were going to have a folding party later that night. "Don't forget! We're having a folding party tonight!" he called as he walked out the door. It kind of worked. He folded while I passed out. You're a good man, Bruce On. I estimate that we do approximately 19 loads of laundry a week, and I think that's being conservative.

In other non-related news, I signed up for the Utah Grand Slam yesterday. Do you know what this is? Basically I committed to doing four marathons next year. Ogden, Utah Valley, Top of Utah, and St. George (again). All within six months of each other. I think I remember saying I was never going to train for another marathon through a Houston summer. I think I also remember saying I'd never do more than two marathons a year. I am now going to have to teach a gazillion classes to pay for all my flights. When chatting with my friend Erin last night, she said, "You've turned into them. You're one of those now." An obsessive freak. I'm pretty sure I've always been this way, though.

Halloween came and went. I kind of hate this holiday, because for one, I hate all the candy and the rationing of the candy and dental bills and hyperactive, whiny behavior that comes with the candy. Or maybe that was more than one. But we partied it up with a trunk-or-treat with some peoples and L won best kid costume (zombie ninja). He even performed a dramatic acceptance "demonstration," if you will, for the masses. There was cheering and he was beaming.

And there are other things, but let's knock this out with a collage of Instagrams. Do you instragram? If you don't, you should. It's along the same lame lines as tweets and facebook status updates but with pictures. Basically these all exist so we can feel validated via social media, but I'm totally on board with that.

Photobucket

(Starting from the top, L-R)
1. EZ making his mark in the world.
2. Bruce took the boys to Dallas last Friday for the BYU/??? game. I don't even know who they played. All I know is that B came back wanting to play football 24/7. Please, no.
3. I got a haircut. But not before the stylist shamed me into submission over my DIY bang trim.
4. Bruce playing hooky from work one morning.
5. Sick baby on our morning jog.
6. Made with fresh basil from the boys' little garden in the backyard.
7. After finding the recipe for these super peanut buttery cookies in a random spice shop, Bruce made these beauties. But not without a few questions along the way. He kept asking me things like, "How do I grease the cookie sheet?" and "Is it normal for it to be sticking to the beaters like that?" I almost took over but restrained myself. They turned out amazing.
8. Pink compression socks for the month of October.
9. Family bike ride...
10. ...to Menchies for some frozen yogurt.
11. EZ loves his dad. He cries every time he leaves for work. It's sweet at first and then it gets old around 5pm.
12. He's standing! Barely. I'm scared he won't walk until he's 5.
13. Tinkerbell, Ninja and L taking it to the next level per usual: Zombie Ninja.
14. L super mad at me on this day, because the dentist put a torture device in his mouth that prevents him from sucking his thumb. Worst Mom award (I feel like I get these a lot).
15. M as a pollito (little chick) in her storybook parade at school.
16. Paper airplanes, super boomerangs and ninja stars. B has been obsessed with YouTube tutorials.

3 comments:

danielle said...

i need you to teach me how to do cool instagram photo collages in blogger!

Holly Park said...

Palindrome's are awesome--lucky you! It's like you were meant to marry Bruce:). You ARE one of them...wish I could be as neurotic as you!

k. said...

I forgot to comment (a very long time ago) that you & my dad are kindred spirits. He's obsessed with palindromes. He also sends us emails on days like 11-11-11 (today - it will come) AT 11:11am (but not 11:11pm, because technically that's 23:11)