Wednesday, September 21, 2011

jase and kenzie: part 1

So I pretty much want to vomit when I think about 98% of the people I ever dated. I was always fickle and turned off by weird, random things. Like I once went out with this guy who dressed up to take me out to Applebee's. He wore a blue shirt that he had probably bought at JC Penny, ironed it and then tucked it into his belted khakis, and it just grossed me out. I severely dislike try-hards, so no second date for him. I broke up with a guy once, because I was sitting in the car watching him buy tickets at the movie theater and I was appalled at the way he stood at the ticket booth with his legs turned out.

And I'll never forget a hiking date with Brian Knight. Brian Knight was a Senior at my high school when I was a Freshman. He was voted "Best Looking" in the Senior class that year and my Freshman friends and I sort of swooned over him like Jared Leto in his My So Called Life days. Fast forward to my Senior year, Brian Knight had just come back to Signal Mountain after spending a year hiking the Appalachian Trail (I know, right? Like... wha?? I was intrigued), and we met at a friend's house. He called me up later to ask me out on a date to go hiking and I was flipping out. But as soon as we drove up to the start of the hiking trail and he took off his shoes (to start the hike barefoot, because he was granola to the nth degree), I knew it was over. His feet were the grossest stumps of flesh I'd ever seen, and I was trying to figure out a way to hike myself right back home.

I have no idea what the point of my story is. Except maybe that it was only by the hand of divine providence that nothing about Bruce had me running skerrrd. Miracles happen. And I even lasted so long as to marry him. So he drives me crazy with his misspeaks and OCD ways and anal tendencies, but I am pretty much committed to him for eternity. Speaking of eternal commitments and miracles happening, Jase and Kenzie are (as Kenzie said) "newly moved, newly married, newly happy." And their wedding was one of the sweetest, most charming and most perfect reflections of two people in love that I ever did see. All the little girls at the wedding thought Kenzie looked just like a princess.

(And once again, we're going to have to break this down into a few parts, because I have a hard time learning to control my right index finger.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

mackenzie ray bryant said...

Yayyy! love these. And the pics of EZ sitting by himself? Are you kidding meee? So adorable I think I died a little. SO CUTE!!!! Can you believe it's been 2 and a half weeks??

Unknown said...

LOVE this post! And your little bundle...OMG, I want to squeeze him. LOOK at all those teeth! Can you believe at nearly 14 months old, my little E has NO teeth...yeah, that's right...ZERO! And no signs of any popping thru either. We seriously need to get together...any chance youre coming to TN anytime soon? LOVE!

k. said...

Noelle!

Your outfit was fabulous. You look so pretty! And your sisters, too. It all sickens me, really.

Their wedding makes me SO. JEALOUS. Like, full of jealous rage. I'm half-kidding, but seriously?! Could it be more perfect? I think not.