Waiting for the nurses and doctors to come pick him up and prep him for surgery. He is happily ignorant of what is about to transpire.




The anesthesiologist whisked him away and Bruce and I were left to watch the sun rise over our polluted city as we waited.

Three hours later.

They removed the blockage in his left ureter and then reconnected it. The tube was draining liquid from the kidney.

They finally removed the IV on Day 2, so he had his trusty little friends to entertain, comfort, and soothe him again - his hands!

Last time nurses tried to put an IV in him, it took them forty-five minutes and four needle pricks before one worked. By the look of his hands and feet this time, it must have taken about 24 tries, but luckily, he was already asleep and under anesthesia by then... or at least I hope. Pobrecito.




So now we're home and EZ is happy to be recovering in the comfort of his own bed, surrounded by his brothers and sister to distract him from his misery. He's a little sad and uncomfortable when I pick him up to nurse or change him and his cry has lost its luster. He can barely voice a little whisper of a sob right now. Too much handling or picking up is painful for him, but he is happy to watch us all from a safe, untouchable distance. And hopefully he will be back to his old, cheerful self in a few weeks and can handle a tickle or two without wincing. We love our baby.
14 comments:
Oh, my poor little EZ! I am glad to see that he had his minkee blankie with him. That makes a lot of things better all ready. But, I am especially glad that he is home resting and hopefully recovering quickly! Hooray for all going well!
Yeah for an update. First off, he is so cute. Secondly, I kinda feel strange to not know him. Lastly, I am so glad he is doing ok and that it is ALL DONE! Heal fast and we love you all!!!
awwww. so sad. I hope he heals quickly. prepare yourself for getting that mega band-aid off. when C had her surgery getting that sucker off was really hard and painful.
noelle, i had heard from you lately and thought i'd check your blog. your poor little guy. i hope he feels better soon. i'm so happy everything went well.
sending happy thoughts your way
Ohhh poor little man. That BREAKS my heart to see him poked! We send all our LOVE! Good luck to a speedy recovery EZ!!!!
this just breaks my heart. you're one strong momma. i'm so glad to hear that all went well.
Oh poor baby!!! Those awful little owies make me so sad :/ I hope he gets back to his cheerful smiley self in no time.
But he looks so cute in the hospital!
Sweet boy. So glad that everything went okay.
Poor sweet little baby. Atleast the scary & daunting part is over, right? Love you. Give him some kissies from me & his Gabi-baby prima.
Reading your post made me cry! His little face looks so sad... but I'm happy to hear that he's taking it all in stride and recovering well! He has been in my prayers...
Sure love you guys!
poor baby. luckily he won't remember any of this. I hope he's healing up well and that you are all feeling better too!
sigh... modern medicine is great but it is also pulls at your heart to see little ones go through pain. Give EZ a hug!
Noelle, I know how hard that was for you to go through. Braden had to have surgery when he was 2 weeks old. Oh, those IV's, that's probably the worst part. I'm so glad he is doing well.
Oh noelle, poor ez and poor you. That had to be stressful watching that dirty ciudad wake up while your baby was having major surgery. I hope he's back to snuggling and cuddling without any pain, for both your sakes. Love you much, and prayers to ez.
Post a Comment