For some reason, today in our West Village neighborhood, there were THOUSANDS of Santas congregating. Thousands. Drunk santas, black santas, smoking santas, girl santas, a santa climbing a tree & other santas chanting, Santa! Santa! Santa! to egg him on. He climbed up to the top of a naked, twiggy tree and yelled out (in a drunken voice), "God bless Everyone!" As we passed by a Mexican cafe full of even more drinking santas, we overhead threads of their conversation: "I'm the REAL Santa." "No, I'M the Real Santa..."
Matt's (her fiance) commentary: "If your kids believe in Santa Claus, don't bring them to our neighborhood."

I ♥ NY.
5 comments:
whoa her fiance?! Um update please?!!! When did that happen, congrats to her by the way. When is the day?
This would confuse my kids so much, all these Santa's. Only in NYC!
Hilarious! Only in America do we have such an abundance of Santa Clause.
Oh to be a fly on the wall during that uproar.
I'm with Dana...fiance? What? Update please or at least a facebook message por favor.
So, they really were EVERYWHERE. And they were drunk. And some of the girls were dressed as not-very-nice Santa's elves. NYC is so strange sometimes. And hilarious.
this smells like an 'improv everywhere' stunt. i miss that metropolis.
Post a Comment