Thursday, December 9, 2010

deck the halls

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This year, M had to kiss every ornament she put up on the tree. She has also been singing "Deck the Halls" all day, every day at the top of her lungs. Except sometimes she mixes up the words and it comes out "Deck the halls with holy spirit, la la la la la la la la la..."

So I love our fake tree. I bought this fake tree for our very first Christmas together in December 2000. People love the smell of real ones, but I say whatever. Because when I was growing up, it was always my job to water that blasted real tree and I hated crawling underneath and getting those pine needles in my eyes and hair. I vowed to never have a real tree when I had my own house one day. And anyway, I like the smell of apple cinnamon candles better.

There is just something magical about Christmas trees, handmade or gifted ornaments and twinkling lights. I love this time of year.

9 comments:

Becca said...

we still have the dinky little tree we bought our first Christmas together too. It's sad and sorry but it's ours and it comes with memories.

mackenzie ray bryant said...

I love decorating Christmas trees! I'll admit I love real trees, perhaps only out of tradition, but I completely sympathize with you. Those sharp pine needles and the mess that never ends even after the tree is gone... fake trees are much more convenient. And no dead patches!

Cute! Cute family, cute tree, cute little ornaments. :) Christmas is such a fun time!

Melissa Hodgen said...

Steve has lost all respect for you. He's a real tree kinda guy. Your 10 yr old tree trumps our sad, Charlie Brown Christmas 10 yr old tree. Time for an upgrade.

Seems wrong for M to decorate the tree in a thin, short sleeve top. Needs to be in sweats or a down coat like we are in Iowa.

Angie said...

I'm with you on the artificial trees, my friend! Perfect symmetry, no needle clean up- it's great! Beautiful pictures, by the way, and I love your nativity set!

Laura said...

Ahhh, I heart Christmas. My eyes fill up and I hold it all back when I decorate. It makes me that happy. I collect ornaments from all over and every year I get to sit back and recollect all those memories. I gives me chills. There's really nothing like Christmas.

M said...

Cherish-able children and moments.

Shauna said...

Noelle, these pics are really beautiful; lighting is really nice. What kind of camera are you using now? Hope you guys are doing well. Everything looks perfectly Christmas-y, and wonderful. Love ya

Kauti Nicholls said...

great pics noelle!!

Chasing Izzy said...

Aww. M is a sweetie pie. I can't wait to know her!



... a little bitter on the tree front, aren't we.