Monday, November 29, 2010

first three miles

Went on my first three-mile interval run this morning. I was slow and might have traded in the easy jog portion of my run for a brisk walk instead around mile two, but praises be! My lungs burned with euphoria. I can finally move without pain after six weeks in the delicate stages of c-section recovery. I've been gently easing into exercise, but today I finally felt ready.

I'll blog in more detail about my post-partum exercise routine later (for you, Lauren!), but in the meantime, here's a little inspiration for the road:

5 comments:

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

Thanks girly. You know I am your bigget fan! Holla!

Danny and Lauren's Blog said...

hmmm BIGGET? BIGGEST! Opps. =)

Dana said...

Don't worry there is no rush. I did five miles today and a nerve in my right hip started to hurt. How will I get through 8 more?! I'm just impressed that you ran after only a 6 week break. I think the only thing I was running to was the bed 6 weeks after I had my boys! You go girl!

Lim Family - Hawaii said...

What happened to 1 mile? I can't believe you just ran 3 miles without leading up to it! good for you!

M said...

"Move your hips, not your lips," as Papa would say.