But it doesn't mean I'm wordless.
For instance, I plucked my eyebrows today for the first time in over a week. It was strangely exhilarating. I couldn't believe how many stray hairs had made their way into the lower contours of my brow in that time, considering I am really not a hairy person.
My in-laws arrived today full of items we had been coveting from the U.S. Clothes, Nintendo DS games, See's candies, baking soda, and... (duh, duh, duh)... a new laptop! It's pink, it's fast, has 500 GB of space, and I love it. My picture situation should improve vastly.
We came home from the beach last night. It was great, superb, fabulous. The beach, definitely not the ride home. Because just know there was a lot of vomit involved. Like I held vomit in my hands that also caked my hair for the last three hours of the car ride home. Last night was one of those nights you don't often imagine having before parenthood. I mean, you hear the stories, but please. There is no way to truly know unless one experiences it first-freakin-hand.
I still remember when B was just a few weeks old, my c-section incision was still aching, and it was 2 a.m. I'd gotten up to feed him and change his diaper, and with little boys, it is generally a good idea to cover their little peeps whilst mid-change. But you know. It was 2 a.m. And bad things happen after midnight. So a beautiful arc of urine flowed straight into my greasy brown locks. Pre-kids, that would never have flown. But guys. It was 2 a.m. What was I gonna do, jump in the shower? I don't think so. One does not fully appreciate the value of precious minutes spent fast asleep in the bed until those minutes are cruelly stripped from your existence in the middle of the night multiple times for months on end.
So I went to bed. With pee in my hair. And I learned to lower my standards.
Duke’s Birth Story
9 years ago
10 comments:
Ohhh Noelle how I love you!!!!
That made me laugh out loud.
That is one reason I am scared to have boys.
Oh yes...the joys of motherhood. Glamourous, eh?
Love you.
Xoxo
I'm so excited. I can't wait.
:/
No baking soda in Mexico? Really?? Maybe it's like trying to find enchilada sauce in New York... very difficult, sometimes.
Makes my booger entry seem like small potatoes. Sorry you had a bad trip back.
OK, I have been pondering this same stuff today--seriously! That life of mine, pre-kids, I would hear my friends with kids yelling at their kids to not carry their poop to the living room floor....oh my. How could you ever understand that that stuff really happens??? and how could you fathom life like this??? Today, I wiped up poop off the carpet, door, potty chair and L's legs, butt, and hands (yes she pooped in her undies and then put it into her potty chair...and then pounded on the door to tell me about it). Gross, yes. But for any mom, it was just an ordinary day. Sad but true.
this was great! Highlight of my blog reading tonight. And so true.
Oh the joys! At least you didn't have to sleep in vomit??
That cracks me up! I'm just wondering if it was a straight projectile vomit or did you just lay in it? :) Miss you!
i absolutely love when my friends tell me these kinds of stories... makes me feel so much better to learn that i am not alone. a little baby urine never hurt anybody. in fact, i think it's used as a conditioner in some cultures, right?
My dad has caught MY vomit in HIS hands before. And I am just waiting for the day that is paid back to me. And I could not even tell you the amount of times Brady peed on me as a baby. Or a 3 year old for that matter. EVERY time you'd take the diaper off the air would hit him and BAM! Pee flying at you. It gives duck and roll a whole new meaning. I feel for you I really do.....
nice!
Post a Comment