We stayed with my sister, Danielle. Her apartment is the cutest and service is impeccable. Mint milanos and peanut M&Ms hovered tantalizingly at my bedside all night (Matthew, you know us so well). While we wandered a bit around West Village drinking hot chocolate and munching bagels, most of our time was spent boot shopping. I think I wandered in and out of Shoe Mania in Union Square five different times. Like it kept calling me back with gravity-like force. And then I went running the next morning, got lost and looked up to find myself there again. Curse it. I hate that store.
We saw Bye Bye Birdie. Sadly, while there were a few glimmers of hope, there were just a few... I do not recommend it if you only have time and resources to see one Broadway show while you're there (Matt and Erin, still harboring guilt for coercing you into coming! And how did we not get any pictures taken together?).
Gina Gershon sang like her voice was stuck in a bottle and John Stamos was painfully unfunny. Kim McAfee's voice was youthful and Disney-esque but her stage presence was meh. Conrad Birdie was good and perfectly unappealing. And applause goes to Mr. McAfee for being able to sustain that level of physical comedy every single night. But Gossip Girl's Jonathon was a perfect Hugo Peabody. He was my very favorite.
Broadway, I still love you.













Love my sisters. They are my very best friends.
9 comments:
I love getting a glimpse at the relationship you have with your sisters. I hope my 3 girls have that kind of bond when they are all grown up.
So you were able to find boots that are stylish and fix
. I am envious
Remember our boot hunting day when we cursed Kauti for having perfect caves for boots! :)
By the way, you are gorgeous!
hahaha... oh, pam! that boot hunting day we spent in park city will forever be seared on my brain! it was so traumatizing. so yes... i finally found boots that fit over my ginormous calves! yay for banana republic. :)
you three sisties are all so beautiful and funny and talented and a blast to be around. i would have seen bye bye birdie a thousand times more (we still loved it) only to hang with the bryant/on clan for a little longer. and i completely agree -- jonathan/hugo took the cake. we're honored to have crashed your annual nyc trip. come back soon, please. i miss you, noelle.
you definitely can't curse me anymore, i don't have calves anymore :( i guess they only stick around when i run a million miles a day....oh well. now i have boots that are all saggy around the calf area, oh so unattractive! ha!
you guys are beautiful, i wish i was there (since i am your sister too ;)
You 3 are so dang beautiful! Good genes!
I'm going to pretend that all of these photos were taken in... PARIS. Yes. Paris. Or London. Or for pete's sake, Chicago? Because seriously, can't believe that I didn't get the pleasure of meeting you. But so happy that you got to explore Shoe Mania & their 2,300 pairs of shoes. And that you saw the Burtons. They love you, we love them, we love you. Easy. Weird? I think not.
hey aud,
nice of u to break into nono's web page... but do you have any incrimintating photos or stories of ur sis that you can share next time!!!!!!!
Post a Comment