Tuesday, May 6, 2008

happy birthday, pete!


I'm posting this a little after the fact (Pete's birthday was the 3rd), but we celebrated his birthday yesterday. Also, I'm not sure what happened to all my candles. They must have gotten thrown out in the flurry of putting our house on the market. So we improvised with a scented candle (Citrus Cilantro from Pier 1, if you're interested).

Things I Love About Pete:

- He surfs, he rock climbs, and he's got mad soccer skills.
- He dated half the female population while we were at BYU. (Not a reason to love him, but a great reason to ask him what the heck he was thinking in some of those instances).
- He's got Afro-Asian hair.
- He has the sweetest job and gets the best stuff. (We've gotten a free laptop and free projector as a result. Pretty awesome.)
- He's the most loyal brother-in-law I know.
- He comes to help out every time I have a baby. Although, we're usually up to 2 a.m. watching Smallville episodes the night before my scheduled c-sections, so I don't how "helpful" that really is...
- He is, hands down, the funnest uncle ever.

Love you, Pete! Wish we could live close to you forever. We'll always have that walk to the JSB... good times. :)

2 comments:

audrey said...

whoa whoa whoa. PETE is HANDS DOWN?!! the FUNNEST uncle?????

this is NATE, using aud's thing. yeah, you thought we wouldn't read this, huh??? caughtcha.

swallow your words, sister.

noelle said...

oh right. sorry, nate. how about the fact that you are the funnIEST uncle... eh? see you in a few weeks, bro.