
Skippyjon is a rambunctious (and slightly naughty) Siamese kitty boy with large ears and a gigantic imagination. He dreams of becoming El Skippito, his Zorro-like alter ego, who is really a Chihuahua. Skippito gets to speak with a Spanish accent, wear a mask and cape, and save his Chihuahua friends down in Old Mexico. Here's an excerpt:
Quiet as a cotton ball, Skippito rolled into his closet. He blew past a boulder, chugged up a hill, and arrived alongside a shack perched two bones shy of the end of the world.
"Where the heckito am I?" wondered Skippito aloud. The place bloomed with sniffing noses. "Who wants to know?" growled a voice from inside.
"It ees I, El Skippito Friskito, the great sword fighter, the Great Bumblebeeto eater, the great fly defeater, the great spider biter, the greatest poco perrito of all," said Skippito. Suddenly a rope cut the air with a SNAP-ito! and wrapped around his paw. "Woah!" said Skippito as he flew under the curtain and into the shack.
The house was chock-full of Chihuahuas. They were cavorting in the cupboards and splashing in the sink. They were chilling in the ice-cube trays and melting into drinks. And sitting right in the middle of the mayhem were his old amigos, Los Chimichangos.
"Hola, Skippito." Don Diego, the biggest of the small ones, grinned. "We have been waiting for you, dude."
I've got a fantabulous Spanish accent. It's a good thing we're moving to Mexico, right?
7 comments:
I love these books too and just discovered them this year as well! They are a favorite in Makena's first grade class. When I read to the class they always sing along to the little chants about skippito the banidito going clappito or something like that.
Whoa!!! Where have I been the past month??? I've just spent major time catching up on your blog. MEXICO?!?!? Wow! You are in for one big adventure- Good Times! I love Mexico!
I have a million questions, but I don't want to take up more space than I already have with my comment. I'll just have to keep reading your blog to hopefully get answers.
PS- I love the new car:-)
Good one...you've gotta get Tiger in the Closet, Lucky Day, and for Makenna...Fanny's dream!
we are going to have to check these out! I need some new books to break it up a little.
I still can't believe that there's only one more class before you're finished teaching pump.
me like-ito this bookito. i can only imagine what papa would come up with : )
Hey, I wanted to tell you that some of my good friends are moving the Mexico City in August. Their names are the Channers and they were like my second parents when I was in high school. Seriously awesome people!
Oh, and don't worry about not getting your potted plant. It actually wasn't a ward thing, it was a YW's thing. They gave them out at the mother/daughter activity a few weeks back. :)
I'd love to get together with you sometime next week. I don't even have a picture of the two of us together and I'd really like to get one before you escape like a bandit into the wilds of Mexico.... Maybe you can read these Skippito books to me ;)
cute books. looks just like ccino. so I need approximately $1700 to come visit. I just built my trip on expedia. Is there anyone you want to sue??? We can get a case going and get monies to fly :)
Post a Comment