Monday, August 22, 2011

couch drama

So if you order something from Pottery Barn and they say it will take 6-8 weeks, what they really mean is it will take four months. At the very earliest. We only learned this after two months of waiting. Something about a fabric crisis in China. Freakin' Chinese. So instead of waiting around another two months, we cancelled our order and ordered from Crate and Barrel instead. This felt like a good move.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

What do you think? Too dark? Too masculine? Maybe needs a white throw or something. But at least we have somewhere to sit now. And now we're just waiting on the kitchen table and coffee table we ordered. It'll probably be time for us to move again when those things finally get here.

p.s. That pic above the fireplace is of me when I was two! My mom sketched it 29 years ago. It needs to be re-framed but I'm scared it'll crumble to dust if we take it out. Need a new painting already, Mom.

12 comments:

Christine said...

it is looking great! I love how you use color and texture--I need some lessons

mackenzie ray bryant said...

I love it! I would like to snuggle up there. Good job :) don't you just love new furniture? J and I have been pretending to look for new furniture, and even just pretending is fun. That sketch is so adorable, too. love it! Show us more!

audrey said...

more more more!! i want to see the whole house! the guest house included!!

this post is getting me excited to not live in an apartment anymore...

29 years. that's old. that's me old. whew...

Shauna said...

Looks great Noe...like really great. i love it. don't think it's too masculine at all, but i'd still do the white throw...it'll add some warmth and texture. i'm with audrey..more more more!!!

Shauna said...

is bruce seriously allowing you to NOT put a TV in the family room. umm what?

Laura said...

i love it. it looks great. even my 4 year old said, "that's a cool house." so it must be! did you get all that at crate and barrel or some of that from pier1?

shannon said...

Darling Noelle!!!

I want to come hang in your kitchen/family room :)

Dana said...

I think its great! Love the colors of the pillows! I am trying to decide where I'll sit when I come and visit you! I wanna see your bed room we are needing to get furniture for that room. I need ideas!

Kauti Nicholls said...

looks amazing, come take cool pics of my house will ya?

Erin said...

Love! It really looks beautiful, Noelle! I love the splash of color from that darling chair and those pillows!! Wow. Now please post a pic of the kitchen table so I can see that lazy Susan you had to take a taxi back up that blasted hill in Valle de Bravo for!!! :)

Sarah H said...

The furniture is gorgeous. I love the patterned chair with the leather set.

Also your mom has serious talent.

Lim Family - Hawaii said...

It looks like a picture out of Crate and Barrel magazine.