Sidenote: The shooting worked.
So while this week only confirmed my family is nutzo, it also confirmed that these guys are mine and I guess I wouldn't want it any other way. Of course, there's nothing I can do about it anyway.
A few highlights, though:
- L catching a fish with my Tio Enrico and hearing my uncle brainwash my child into calling him "Tio the Great" ("Mom, where's Tio the Great?" he'd ask me every morning. Sad.)
- The boys playing ping pong every night
- A balloon release where the 48 balloons didn't blow back and get stuck on the house
- Running 6 miles and finishing out a 12-mile run barefoot on the beach with no knee pain!
- Running a few of those miles with my brother
- Stopping part-way through one of my runs to walk with my dad
- Getting to know Mackenzie (my brother's fiancee) better and feeling like she fits perfectly into our family... unless this week made her think twice about joining it
- Seeing our extended family of aunts and uncles
- Spending time with my niece and nephew
- Rothko's baby blessing, surrounded by the men who love him
- Watching Audrey lose it at various times during and leading up to the reception

































8 comments:
i'm very confused about when this post was published. my reader said 8 hours ago. i tried to count that far back but when i started fringing the hours between 2AM-6AM, my brain shut off and categorized it as "noelle is crazy."
these pictures are channeling hyannis port, mass./the kennedys/an abercrombie quarterly if the models wore clothing. what i mean is that these/you all are beautiful. and weddings+birds+guns=steel magnolias. i hope someone had a video camera.
and food poisoning?? mexico giving you montezuma's revenge as a parting gift? get well, hermana.
You, me + Erin are going to be in Texas AT THE VERY SAME TIME.
This makes my heart very happy.
So do these photos! And your discussion of your maybe-crazy family (mine would give you a run for your money, I think).
And I want every photo to have lots of captions with lots of stories with them (because I know they exist), but food poisoning... like I said in my email. How rude of Mexico.
We have the same nursing cover.
See you Sunday. What?!?!
The trip sounded like it was hard on you but the pictures tell a different story girly!
Everyone looks so great! So happy for every one, and I didn't know Jason was taking the plunge!!! So happy for him.
We need to catch up maybe I'll try calling you.....wait I need your new Texas number. Email me with that info please.
Hope you feel better.
I remember the good stuff...our completeness, a spiritual Sacrament Meeting, with shared scriptures and testimonies, kneeling as a family in prayer, morning and travel prayers, you three girls receiving a blessing from Papa the morning of the event, all of us on our bed while you talked with Papa about the wedding as I napped on the side, bathroom discussion of Bryant Girls' family business, Papa's tickle and chases, Annie and Oscar stories, M and B looking like two girls from different parts of the world and making apparent our global-ness, the baby boys, R and EZ the next generation of Priesthood, the gratitude we felt when all our men, not one left out, were part of the priesthood circle blessing R, the exceptional beauty of the place, and the amazing color and interior design of the beach house that seemed to fit all our artistic sensibilities, perfect weather, and all the predictable unpredictability of our days that contributed to our future funny stories. And don't forget the Zen and the analogies of Nate's tangled kite string obsession and D lightening his burden.
N, thank you for being a great, loving and reliable big sister! You have become selfless while maintaining your funny-ness. Great combo. Love.
oh mom. i loved your comment. i'm going to record that in my journal now.
How fun!!!! I am glad that you had a great time with your family. Sorry you got sick though. I love all the pictures!!!!
Oh my family. I am eating these pictures up. I wish I had been there. Though, maybe I wanna know/maybe I don't about the drama I missed.
I love the pic of the babies on the couch. I could've plunked Gabi down & called it a slobber fest.
the pictures make it look like the perfect beach vacation. love the flowers! glad you guys had fun, and loved the gun story (yeah, who does bring that on their vaca?!)
Post a Comment