celebrated may day with a little tea party. "errba {herbal} tea party!! with all my amigos!!!" she cried. but after a few minutes, she looked around and said, "wait a second... where are all my people friends??" : (
i love the names she comes up with for her little toys. it's like a bunch of random syllables fight to get out of her mouth at the same time. leaving even her surprised at what she ends up with sometimes. love it.
she kept rushing over to rothko and assuring him that when he's "mas grande," he can have cookies too and that she'd save him some.
he is the ONE person in this whole world who receives absolutely all of her cheerfulness and compassion. and as you all know, that's saying a lot for this feisty personality.
i'm so glad they have each other...












I snuck in the last one of Aud, because I love her face and I don't see it often enough. These all had to go up so I could view it anytime I want. I just typed that last sentence and the first scene from Sweet Home Alabama starring Reese Witherspoon and that dude I sometimes get mixed up with someone else whose name I can't remember just popped into my head. Except it was really Dakota Fanning and some other nameless child actor in that scene... "So I can kiss you anytime I want." Oh, and there's also that guy from Empire Records and That Thing You Do. Dude! Was anyone else obsessed with these movies?!? I feel a movie marathon coming on.)
So... epic tangent. Where was I? Sibling luv. Perpetuating the human race. Isn't it great? Too bad this happy family feeling only lasts until Rothko is big enough to be a moving threat.
But hey sibs, after all that home drama growing up, it turns out we really did love each other all along. It gives me personal hope. Three cheers for family.
3 comments:
audrey, why don't you keep a blog again??? you're writing is de--licious! also, i have to comment about your little ones...they are adorable! you're little man is so sweet. i think he and marley are only a week or so apart. and B is beautiful (look at me all throwing "letters" around like i know them:) i laughed when i read about her sassiness. i may have one the exactly like her. we fight more like sisters than mother and daughter most days. don't you wonder and cringe at what the teenage years will bring? oh my.
take care. shauna
shauna : ) yes yesss. i need to start a blog. i have no good reason for not starting one already other than the fact that i would probably spend more time on it than i have time for : )
as for sassiness... oh man. there are hardly words to describe that little girl of mine. with her as my daughter, i will either become REEEEEEALLY christlike, or really UN-christlike... wish me luck : ) rothko better be as sweet and mellow as he seems.
p.s. marley is BEAUTIFUL!!! love your blog : ))))))))
isn't there some sort of get-audrey-on-blogger petition i can sign?
so okay. the ex-husband on sweet home alabama. do you get him mixed up with that guy who just broke up with that petite blonde from jerry mcguire/who used to date that country singer who wears puka shell necklaces (hello, 1997 called...)? i'm not even being funny. i seriously can't remember any of these super important people's names. but i'm smelling what you're stepping in.
and that empire records/that thing you do guy. i liked him in that can't hardly wait flick.
Post a Comment