Tuesday, June 10, 2008

bunko ladies shout out

Finally able to upload a few pictures! Sheesh!


Betsy, you have the cutest nose! But that's not really why I love you. I love you because I know that no matter what I'm going through, you will understand and feel my pain! You are so understanding, and that's also what makes you such a great mom with your kids. You can easily empathize with them.

Darla, no one can make me laugh like you do!!! My favorite comments are the ones that are sort of muttered under your breath that no one else but me hears. "Excuse me while I grab my lantern and check on the wee ones..." All you need to do is look at me and I bust up. You're such a nut! I'm going to miss those "Darla-isms"!

Bonnie, you and I clicked because we shared two very important aspects of our lives in common - teaching at the gym and our religion. No one understood both sides of me so perfectly until I met you! You are also the best listener. Being with you is like a warm, cozy blanket. It's what makes you such a great counselor - and also really good at asking uncomfortable questions!


The answer to your question about this picture is yes.

Sidney, you are so fun to be around because you are so chill! Even when you SAY your life is getting crazy, you have this easy going demeanor that takes everything in stride. I need to be more laid back like you! You also have such a beautiful smile. It lights up a room. P.S. I'm going to spit on your books and run over them.

Kristen, you are the calmest person I know. That's probably why your kids are seriously the best behaved kids ever! You really need to write a book. I would totally buy it. I also love how you do your hair and make-up! I should have gotten tips while I had the chance... dang it.

Rachel, I've loved you since the first time I met you. Mainly because you laughed at my jokes. :) You are wise beyond your years. I've always been impressed by your quiet confidence and the surety you have about you. You have such a sweet countenance and also such a beautiful smile! I want to put your dimples in my pocket.


By the way, my shirt says "Girls make better ninjas." It's kung-fu awesome.

Melissa, there's nothing like an old friend. I was soooo excited when you and Paul decided to move to Houston. It was like having family close by! You are probably the most humble and patient person I know. I strive to be like you. Someday Bryson will get his one-on-one basketball practice with you. Someday.

Hillary, we share a love for all things musical - hence, the instant bond! I have loved watching you grow in your musical talents and especially your confidence in those talents! I'm so proud of you for all the things you've been accomplishing in reaching your dreams. Can't wait to live vicariously through you the next 10 weeks in NYC!

Laurie, you are a sweetheart! I'm so glad we've gotten to know each other through Bonnie and Bunko! I also love you for having put up with such a crazy, red-haired sister... I don't know how you do it! :) You are such a beautiful person inside and out. Can't wait to hear news about Baby #2!

Brooke, I've left you for last. You are my best friend, and you have always been someone I could count on. Always. Whenever I'm in need, you are there to pick up the pieces (or my children) and save the day. You are my personal hero. I love that you know me the best.

I love all of you gorgeous, fun ladies! I will miss you in Mexico!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noelle, you are too kind! I only wish I'd moved to this ward sooner so we could have hung out a bit more. I want to tell you that your kindness to me when Boyd and I first moved into this ward really helped us feel "at home." Since we both live so far from family we've come to value good friendships, and yours is one that has meant a lot. Thanks for being outgoing enough to invite us to hang out with you all at Outback (and all of the other random gatherings you've hosted). I'll miss you!

Dana said...

I'm so glad that you have made such good friends. It good to know that when family is far away that you have such a good support system of friends. I hope that mexico is just as easy for you to make such good friends!

Sidney said...

Thanks Noelle! Although not for posting that hidious (sp) picture of me! In my defense I was sick. At any rate Bunko has always been fun and I am so glad you put that picture of Bonnie's sweet thong in there too! Classic! Well, we will miss you and you better not do any more things to my book! I am already planning on how to destroy your sacred Twilight books!!!!!!
Bite Me!
Sid

Betsy said...

Thanks Noelle! So sweet! It doesn't feel like you're really gone yet, just on a little vacay. In two weeks Seth will be receiving the gift he bought for himself for his birthday....yes, the WII.. I'm going to need some moral support!

Melissa Hodgen said...

AH, I want to learn to play bunko.

Gayle said...

Hey Noelle! I'm so glad I found your blog -- now I can keep up with all your adventures in Mexico. I hope you guys are all doing well! I saw your post about Bryson losing his first tooth -- Courtney just lost her first too a couple of days ago. I'll have to tell her -- she'll be excited to have a "toothless" friend!