

"Man in the Chair" was an entirely, ENTIRELY different role. If you ever see this show, you will know what I mean. He did a fantastic job. Here we are posing outside the TUTS theatre.
Stop trying to hand us the camera, Art. Can't you see we're posing?
The next morning, Patti and I sang a very tearful rendition of "Some Things Are Meant To Be" from the Broadway musical, Little Women, during her students' annual, end-of-the-year voice recital (Patti is a voice teacher). It was wholly embarassing, and I will tell you why. She sang the part of Jo, and I sang the part of Beth who is, of course, dying. At the end, the lyrics for Beth go like this...
"Some things are meant to be:
The tide turning endlessly,
The way it takes hold of me
No matter what I do.
"And some things will never die:
The promise of who you are,
Your memories when I am far
From you.
"All my life I've lived for living you.
Let me go now..."
And then Beth dies. During my solo at the end, Patti started shaking with tears, and you can take a good guess as to what I started doing as soon as I made eye contact with her. Sweet, sweet Patti. It was all very dramatic and emotional. Not a good song choice for us under these delicate circumstances. Although moving away is not quite as dire as passing away... I'm sure all of Patti's students and their parents now think we are lunatics.
6 comments:
erica looks sooo grown up, wow. even i'll miss the rascons : )
drowsy chaperone, can't wait to see it.
did i tell you i watched anne of green gables again two weeks ago? now i hafta rent the avonlea ones... sigh gilbert... i must say though, his random accent kinda bugged this time around.
gilbert has a random accent??? it does take place in canada, you know... it's amazing what you look over when you're 8. i can't remember the last time i watched anne of green gables. i'll have to go rent it. actually, i should just go buy it. ok, so call me.
I *heart* Gilbert! I remember Gilbert slipping in and out of the Canadian accent. I have Anne of Green Gables. But, I guess since you're leaving, like what, tomorrow??? you can't borrow it!
Is it just me or does Art Rascon look 30! They both look great!
Hey, it's good to keep people guessing. Maybe they were thinking, "Man, I thought Noelle really had it all together, but turns out she a nut like the rest of us!!!!" Anyways, I had fun tonight!!! Don't mess up my books in more you jerk!!!
Love you!!!
noelle you look so pretty--red is definitely a good color for you! I love Gilbert Blythe too! I have been obsessed lately watching Anne of Green Gables....I'm not sure why, but I think I've watched it 5 or so times (the whole way through) in the past couple months!
I don't know how you guys do it, your family (meaning all the Bryants) seem to move around a lot. It tears me up everytime a leave a place and the people, I hate it! But then I always love the new place too. Why can't I take all the people I love with me everytime I move?
Post a Comment