






B is a funny mix of emotionally sensitive, highly competitive, grateful, particular, obsessive, responsible, awkward, cool and laid back. There are plenty of things he gets worked up about and over-thinks: school spelling bees, new routines, and his hair. But there are a few things in life he doesn't mind--like the fact that I'm the worst birthday-celebrating mom out there and a terrible gift giver. Or that I pulled out a day-old pumpkin pie from Thanksgiving to stick some candles on. No matter what I do, he will say thank you and mean it from the bottom of his nine-year-old heart. B's a good kid. And if it weren't for those other three, Bruce and I might think we were perfect parents.
2 comments:
hahaha that's hilarious. B really is a good kid. And if anything, it's probably good that you don't keep his birthday expectations excessively high.
(which can lead to emotional devastation when your mom lets Gardener Kreglo hit your birthday pinata before you and you swear the joys of childhood and birthdays are dead forever - kenz, age 5)
You're such a great mom, with such great kids to be proud of!
hahaaaa, mackenzie.
and noey, it's true. he really is an amazing little kid. so proud of him. and excited for him. and nervous too, bc i know life isn't perfect : ) can't wait to meet his first girlfriend. ayayayyyy.
alas, 9 years old... wow.
{this is audrey by the way. too lazy to sign out of andy's}
Post a Comment