Friday, March 11, 2011

the zero waste home

Am I the last person in the world to see this? Aud sent me the link, and I am sure my minimalist of a brother-in-law, Andy, would be all over this in a heartbeat. Too bad he married my sister.

The Zero Waste Home

I am so intrigued. Did you see their trash after four months??? I would love to be so ambitious! Baby steps, baby steps...

On another note... Japan. For some reason, disasters like this make the world feel very small to me. Very small and that no one is immune to calamity, whether it is happening on a wide-scale, global scene or within the inner workings of a person's heart. I am feeling introspective today about the implications of what it means to be human.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I have never seen that link, but I did today. Wow I don't even know if I could get that good at it. Although I am starting to live more organized and less cluttered and really like it!
And I totally have been glued to watching all this stuff in japan. I didn't go to the gym for an hour and half just watching it all. I felt weird like how do I just go about my day when there is tragedy across the world? Brady now says he does not want to go to the beach. This stuff gets to him, so i had to turn if off.

Lim Family - Hawaii said...

I can't even process how the people of Japan must be feeling at this time. It's tragic. i feel like flying over and helping, but doing what?